• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton is making no progress

tomahawksu wins for employing vaginitis in this thread.

As for Hamilton, I don't think he's going to make progress. I think he's going to suck and then he's going to kill the ball. There's not going to be much in-between. I suppose he might make progress by going 2-4 with a 2B one night, and then 1-3 with an HR. But that--if and when it does happen--will soon be followed by a torrent. Imagine the first few drops before a thunderstorm - we'll see something like that.

But I agree...it sure would be nice to see at least a drop or two. Give us something, Hambone!

do you think the angels would dfa him if he continues this next year?

also, ceasing steroid use won't turn someone into a terrible hitter.

Look at cases like Melky Cabrera and Gary Mathews Jr.

They turned into complete garbage after they were caught or suspected of use.

The sudden weight loss and sudden loss of power signals that this is something beyond a typical slump.

Look at cases like Melky Cabrera and Gary Mathews Jr.

They turned into complete garbage after they were caught or suspected of use.

The sudden weight loss and sudden loss of power signals that this is something beyond a typical slump.

You bring up good examples.  The issue with Hamilton though is that he is swinging at bad pitches.  He doesn't look weaker or anything.  The dude is simply swinging at horrible pitches.

You bring up good examples.  The issue with Hamilton though is that he is swinging at bad pitches.  He doesn't look weaker or anything.  The dude is simply swinging at horrible pitches.

yep Hamilton looks like my 5 year old when I pitch to him in the backyard.  They both just swing at everything.  I could throw it anywhere and they both would swing. 

The thing that makes non sense at all is the weight loss.

It's not like he was overweight and went on a diet and lost the extra weight.

The guy was pretty fit and from looking at his bulk lot of the weight he lost was lean muscle and that sounds very suspicious.

In Texas, it was always rumored that he was on something.  His body was exceptionally frail and injured on pretty normal plays.  This could be from the damage the years of drug-use had on his body though.  I agree though, showing up dramatically lighter than in Texas and Nelson Cruz being tied to BioGenesis says a lot to me.  They were both friends here so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was using.

The thing that makes non sense at all is the weight loss.

It's not like he was overweight and went on a diet and lost the extra weight.

The guy was pretty fit and from looking at his bulk lot of the weight he lost was lean muscle and that sounds very suspicious.

And why would a slugger like this suddenly go on a "juice diet"? That didn't sound right to me. 

Hope the Gugginheim Group takes him off our hands, ala Crawford (yes, doing well so far in 2013) and Beckett (horrible so far in 2013).

Don't forget about Gonzalez.  Probably the main reason why the Doggies made the trade.

My point is that Josh Hamilton is just months removed from a very impressive season. He has no injuries to speak of and he's still playing in the AL West so no adjustments to anything needed. So yes there is something seriously wrong and its not just Hamilton. Maybe Bud Selig could shed some light on why Matt Kemp only has one home run and a .681 OPS. The talent that these guys possess doesn't just disappear to less than a mediocre player.

My point is that Josh Hamilton is just months removed from a very impressive season. He has no injuries to speak of and he's still playing in the AL West so no adjustments to anything needed. So yes there is something seriously wrong and its not just Hamilton. Maybe Bud Selig could shed some light on why Matt Kemp only has one home run and a .681 OPS. The talent that these guys possess doesn't just disappear to less than a mediocre player.

I agree with you but something has to be done to clear his head. If its sit him for a series or move him down to the 7 or 8 spot in the lineup. At this point nothing could hurt the guy...(knock on wood)

I agree that Hamilton needs some time off to clear his head. Its ashamed that we may very well have the two ugliest contracts in MLB in the same lineup for years to come. All these mega multi-year contracts need to cease. Its out of control.

What happens when (not if) sports networks like Fox, Comcast etc. default on their contracts because their subscription rates and ad revenues decline? These salaries are based on a projection of $10B/year in revenues for MLB which strike me as unsustainable. And they're gambling it will remain that high for the next twenty years. Let's say there's 5 million families that seriously watch MLB. That's $2000 a year per family.

Granted Pujols was still struggling some at this point in 2012.

But time is running out for Hamilton to start putting it together.     

If this is still the case on May 31, then Houston we have a problem.

Naw, Houston doesn't have a problem.  They are playing the Angels tonight.