• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart's Big Night

tomsred

18 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Cowart is a .176 hitter in the majors. Over 130ish PA's. That's not all-telling but it's something. 

How good exactly do you think he'd hit in the majors as an everyday player right now?

And it is enough to justify being inexperienced defensively?

I guess we will never know until he is traded to a team that will give everyday AB for a reasonable amount of time. In 2015 he subbed for Escobar while he was on the DL he was 0 for 4 games, before his first hit a HR, afterwards he went 8 for 26 (.308), small sample but that's all they gave him. Once Yunel returned he was only was a defensive replacement with an occasional AB. I wish they would just trade him, same goes for Cron. Once we got Valbuena I knew Cron was screwed, he hit pretty well last season and I was hoping with a full season he would really show us something, but playing once every 3 days or so makes it hard for any player to stay sharp.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:43 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Did I just read a post in which the theory is the Angels are manipulating Kaleb Cowart's service time to get an extra year of control out of him?

@Jeff Fletcher Glad to see the organization is prioritizing performance over years of control!!!!

To be clear I'm making fun of myself Jeff. :D