• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

National League West

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

How is it that Arizona and Colorado are good?

Apparently you weren't following what they did in the offseason.... :D

I actually expected both teams to have a good shot at competing but they are really doing well. Really tough Division.

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The Rockies pitching has been real good. They got Hoffman in the Tulowitzki trade and he's been lights out. They also picked up Jake McGee and Gregg Holland for the bullpen this offseason and both have been dominant.

They had McGee last year -- he kinda tanked his first season in Col, but he's turned it around big time this year.  5.9 mil tho -- so he's not cheap.

12 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

Since we blamed Butcher for the pitching then we have to give him credit. Greinke has looked great again and a lot of their young pitchers have taken the next step. I always thought Butcher did a good job with the younger pitchers 

This makes some sense.   He always struck me as a guy who is firm/focused in how he works with the pitchers.   Younger pitchers may be more likely to handle that well, vs. older pitchers set in their ways?    Although Greinke is approaching his mid 30s.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

I wonder if any of their SP has any real trade value at this point..   They are all expensive and sucking.   Cueto, Smardszwhatever, Moore, Cain..  lowest ERA in the bunch is 4.57...  

I want Eppler to pull off another Santiago for Expensive Pitcher and High Talent Pitcher that hasn't put it together yet.  Now I wouldn't want him to trade for an expensive under performing pitcher that has 2 plus more years left on his deal.