• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning

Sounds like a great value pick. Guess there were some medical concerns with his shoulder which is why he dropped but considering the state of this farm I'm all in on this team taking risks for high upside. Love what Eppler and his staff have done the past 2 years. Trying to infuse this org with less safe floor, low upside guys. Lot more risk for sure, but a lot more upside and this team needs upside

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, and No...    Just not a big guy and his MRI showed something that created risk.   Whether it was simply signs of fatigue or an issue -- nobody has any real knowledge of.

College is a rough place for pitchers. A short season but the coaches ride good arms into the ground because they have no more than four seasons and they are gone. They have zero concerns for the players, they are essentially free and every year they get a new crop. So if a guys shoulder starts to fray they really don't have that long term contract to worry about.

I hope the Angels were able to get as much health information as possible before making this pick. This crap about pitchers just  reaching MLB and elbows exploding is getting tiring as a fan.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Probably not after going in the second round. Perhaps if he had really fallen he might've thought he could recoup some value by going back in next year.

Doubtful...would lose any leverage he currently has. So, unless he thought he was going to come back and go in top few picks it would make zero sense for him to go back into draft.

3 hours ago, Junkballer said:

I'm just seeing Frankie Rios in the 17th Round on the MLB site, a shortstop.  Perhaps the pitcher was a commit but not a player?

I know they had two commits who were drafted early.