• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jordon Adell

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

damn.  dude has some serious interview skills.  very impressed with his articulate speech.  Humble with a veil of confidence.  Let's hope that translates to the field.  Either way, it's clear the kid has a good head on his shoulders.  

http://affinitymagazine.us/2016/12/28/why-black-people-are-tired-of-being-called-articulate/

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

lol.  he's charismatic.  smiles when he talks.  speaks in complete sentences.  is engaging and uses proper grammar.  

Trout's ability to interview is probably the only nit in terms of his prowess as a pro athlete.  He's gotten better, but it's clearly not his gift.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

lol.  he's charismatic.  smiles when he talks.  speaks in complete sentences.  is engaging and uses proper grammar.  

Trout's ability to interview is probably the only nit in terms of his prowess as a pro athlete.  He's gotten better, but it's clearly not his gift.  

Yep, it's just painful.  As much as I love the guy, I just can't stand watching him in interviews.  I'm also just generally hyper-critical when it comes that type of thing--including people who are giving the interviews, since I moderate focus groups as part of my job.  (Side note: I still insist that Roger Lodge is the single-worst professional interviewer I've ever heard.  Zero follow-up on what people actually say; he just zooms on to his next scripted question.  Drives me crazy...)

Adell did well on his Anaheim premiere (which is usually in the TV press box first home stand after signing -- I remember seeing others do this routine -- I specifically remember the interview with Hank Conger -- 'from right here")  But like all of these picks. Adell is a long way from Anaheim and The Show..........one step at a time.

Gubi was giving him solid advice there -- although with all the All Star teams, traveling teams etc, special try out sessions.....it's sort of different these days - but Gubi harking back to his first years was telling Adell -- 'hey, you've been a star all your life, best player on the team, best player in the league, best player in the region. accolades all around, all the time, everywhere you go -- now you walk on to a professional ball field in Rookie A league ball in Arizona and suddenly there's a whole roster plus of players who are as good as yu are........for the first time in a long time, you're just another player until you show 'em otherwise.........

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep, it's just painful.  As much as I love the guy, I just can't stand watching him in interviews.  I'm also just generally hyper-critical when it comes that type of thing--including people who are giving the interviews, since I moderate focus groups as part of my job.  (Side note: I still insist that Roger Lodge is the single-worst professional interviewer I've ever heard.  Zero follow-up on what people actually say; he just zooms on to his next scripted question.  Drives me crazy...)

the only mild awkwardness seemed to come from Gubi and Victor as they seemed a bit unprepared.  

1 hour ago, disarcina said:

Adell did well on his Anaheim premiere (which is usually in the TV press box first home stand after signing -- I remember seeing others do this routine -- I specifically remember the interview with Hank Conger -- 'from right here")  But like all of these picks. Adell is a long way from Anaheim and The Show..........one step at a time.

Gubi was giving him solid advice there -- although with all the All Star teams, traveling teams etc, special try out sessions.....it's sort of different these days - but Gubi harking back to his first years was telling Adell -- 'hey, you've been a star all your life, best player on the team, best player in the league, best player in the region. accolades all around, all the time, everywhere you go -- now you walk on to a professional ball field in Rookie A league ball in Arizona and suddenly there's a whole roster plus of players who are as good as yu are........for the first time in a long time, you're just another player until you show 'em otherwise.........

This

I had more than a few friends who were insane athletes who were back at home 3 years after getting drafted looking for a job.... same scenario.

You are blessed with being born bigger than average, and running comes easier, even if others are working harder than you. It all seems easy. Then you end up with just guys like you, no one average around. Some guys take the challenge, but i think most fold. Its tough when youve never had to really work, and all of the sudden youre falling behind and everyone around you is getting better.

Its like being the cute girl in some podunk town and moving to hollywood to be an actress, and youre still just cute, not hot.