• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jordon Adell

Adell and Hiura were my top 2 players I wanted the Angels to target at #10. Glad they grabbed one of them. Adell is a physical freak with plus raw power and speed. He's likely a right fielder long term but he'll be a good one at that. There are worries about his production being inflated by playing weaker HS talent(25 HR, 10 K) and him maybe maxing out physically too early but I'll take the risk. His upside is higher than almost anyone in this class and the Angels can't pass on this type of talent here. 

1 10 Angels Jordon Adell OF Ballard HS, Louisville KY

Pool

Scouting

Scouting Report:

Adell's explosive raw tools are rarely matched. He's a workout legend, capable of running a 6.4 60-yard dash, smacking a 450-foot home run with a wood bat or making a 70-grade throw from the outfield. He's got all the body clich�s--the high-waist, the broad shoulders and the defined muscles stretching his sleeves. When the players walk off the bus, Adell's the guy scouts want.The degree to which Adell translates those attributes into baseball-specific skills will determine whether or not he becomes a superstar. On the summer showcase circuit--both as a rising junior and then again as a rising senior--Adell's game skills were raw. He'd botch plays in the outfield and often expand the strike zone and swing at bad pitches. Every so often, though, he'd do something flashy to remind scouts of his promise. After a tough week at the Tournament of Stars, Adell made adjustments to his swing and showed more contact ability at the Metropolitan Baseball Classic and the Under Armour All-America Game. He had closed off his open stance and reduced the load of his back elbow, improving his direction to the ball, helping his head stay on plane and allowing his bat to stay through the zone longer. The changes yielded a much more functional swing. He concluded the showcase circuit with a strong performance at the WWBA World Championships, playing for the Evoshield Canes travel team. After a dedicated winter, Adell has done everything possible to reduce concerns about the swing-and-miss to his game. After swatting three home runs in a game on May 3, Adell had 21 on the season with only seven strikeouts. If his improvements hold up against next-level pitching after the draft, he could prove to be a true five-tool talent. Adell is also a significant prospect as a righthanded pitcher. His athletic body plays well on the mound and when he's in prime pitching condition he's capable of pitching at 92-94 and touching 95 with life on his fastball. His 12-to-6 breaking ball has powerful bite and low- to mid-80s velocity. Adell is committed to Louisville but is expected to have a team meet his bonus demands.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Can't remember the last time the Angels had a first pick that everyone was happy about.

Yep. I remember people, including myself, being bummed out that we got an Aaron Rowand type in Mike Trout.