• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam West RIP

Burt Ward, who played Robin to West’s Batman on the 1966-68 series, said Saturday he was devastated by the passing of his friend and co-star, who died Friday of leukemia at 88. The two last saw each other about two weeks ago when they traveled to the East Coast together for an autograph show.

“I am devastated at the loss of one my very dearest friends,” Ward said in a statement. “Adam and I had a special friendship for more than 50 years. We shared some of the most fun times of our lives together. Our families have deep love and respect for each other. This is a terribly unexpected loss of my lifelong friend. I will forever miss him. There are several fine actors who have portrayed Batman in films. In my eyes, there was only one real Batman that is and always will be Adam West. He was truly the Bright Night.”

30 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I think this Batman, more than anything else, is why I can't wrap my brain around the dark and brooding superheroes we get now.

RIP Adam

that's about as good a summation as i can think of, arch. 

to me, batman was always a campy hero. the show was such hilarious fun.

Along with being Batman, one of my favorite Batman The Animated Series episodes guest starred Adam West as The Gray Ghost. It was a nice tribute to Adam, as The Gray Ghost was Bruce Wayne's childhood television hero growing up and was an actor struggling with being typecasted after The Gray Ghost ended, similar to Adam West being typecasted as Batman after the show had ended.

Rest in peace Mr. West. 

AC022.jpg