• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manoah and Baldoquin get named to the Midwest League All-Stars

I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, because it's fun to pile on Baldoquin, but the talent has always been there. It was there for Brandon Wood. Baldoquin is a good kid too, much like Wood. Their shared problem has been confidence. Baldoquin just doesn't carry himself like he has any. Lots of work ethic. 

Hopefully this year's performance and his subsequent selection for the all-star team will be the kick he needs to get his career going.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, because it's fun to pile on Baldoquin, but the talent has always been there. It was there for Brandon Wood. Baldoquin is a good kid too, much like Wood. Their shared problem has been confidence. Baldoquin just doesn't carry himself like he has any. Lots of work ethic. 

Hopefully this year's performance and his subsequent selection for the all-star team will be the kick he needs to get his career going.

I don't think anybody has stated that he isn't a good guy or that he doesn't work hard. That's not the problem. Production is the problem with this guy. And you say the talent is there, which makes it even

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't think anybody has stated that he isn't a good guy or that he doesn't work hard. That's not the problem. Production is the problem with this guy. And you say the talent is there, which makes it even

We aren't talking superstar level talent, but I don't think scouts were wrong when they compared him to a young Yunel Escobar.

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

The only criticism I have ever heard about Wood is that he couldn't hit MLB pitching. I see the Baldoquin jokes more about a criticism of  Jedi putting all his eggs into the wrong basket. 

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm rooting for him as well.  I had heard the same from coaches about Baldoquin as well.  Works hard, very coachable, but the combination of expectations and moving to the U.S. may have been too much for him.  I think sending him down may have the benefit of lessening those expectations and maybe giving him more confidence.  He was probably in High A before he was ready.

It's also unfortunate that he is the poster child for the DiPoto failures.  We all know that there are plenty of other examples to choose from.... 

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

The dude should have a lack of confidence. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

The only criticism I have ever heard about Wood is that he couldn't hit MLB pitching. I see the Baldoquin jokes more about a criticism of  Jedi putting all his eggs into the wrong basket. 

Wood is part of a long line of guys who just couldn't hit the breaking ball. Maybe he should've gone to Japan like Eric Thames.