• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chuck's Ahi Poke Recipe

I've listed my salsa recipe in another thread (let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send it over), but here's another dish I make that everyone really likes and requests. 

Here is my version of Ahi Poke. I make everything by taste and change it up a little bit every time, but here is how I would do it if I were to make it today.

2 lbs (or more) Sashimi grade Ahi tuna.  I would look for fresher if it is already separating between the rings. 

Ingredients
1 med white onion
4 or 5 stalks of green onions
1 - 2 cloves of garlic
Kikkoman Soy sauce
Kikkoman sushi & sashimi soy sauce
Sesame Oil (look for one that is a nice brown color)

Other Ingredients to taste (optional)  
Sriracha
Red Pepper flakes
Hot Chili Oil
Limukohu seaweed (optional)

Place 1/2 cup soy sauce and a 1/2 cup sushi & sashimi soy sauce in bowl (the reason for the two different kinds of SS is just my preference. Use whatever you like, but I would recommend staying away from low sodium soy sauce.)

Add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil. (This stuff goes along way)
Slice white onion as thin as possible while still staying in rings. (I use a mandolin slicer on the thinnest setting)
Dice green onions and add to bowl
Peel and halve a couple garlic cloves and add to bowl

Per taste, add a couple of shakes of Sriracha and/or Red Pepper flakes. You can add a little Hot Chili Oil if you want the heat to stick to everyone's tongues =)  Limukohu seaweed is traditional but I don't add it.

Stir contents in bowl and let refrigerate over night.

Next day take out the mix, give it a stir and taste it (see if you want to add anything else). If the soy sauce flavor is really strong I would add a teaspoon of sesame oil but no more.

Drain the liquid (Save the liquid)

Cut Ahi into pieces (whatever size you want) and add to the bowl and mix. There should be plenty of liquid to coat the Ahi, but you can add a little bit more in from your reserve if needed.

This goes really well with some good quality table crackers.

Just go by taste and it will be great! Only big tip would be to make sure to not add too much sesame oil.

IMG_20170606_160201.jpg

Woah, News Flash: Chuck deletes his ambiguously gay sunset pic to cover up his alternative lifestyle.

Now it's,

Hi, I'm Chuck and I like campouts with my friends in secluded woods areas. Have tent and sleeping bag to share, come join me and I'll supply the Poke.

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've listed my salsa recipe in another thread (let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send it over), but here's another dish I make that everyone really likes and requests. 

Here is my version of Ahi Poke. I make everything by taste and change it up a little bit every time, but here is how I would do it if I were to make it today.

2 lbs (or more) Sashimi grade Ahi tuna.  I would look for fresher if it is already separating between the rings. 

Ingredients
1 med white onion
4 or 5 stalks of green onions
1 - 2 cloves of garlic
Kikkoman Soy sauce
Kikkoman sushi & sashimi soy sauce
Sesame Oil (look for one that is a nice brown color)

Other Ingredients to taste (optional)  
Sriracha
Red Pepper flakes
Hot Chili Oil
Limukohu seaweed (optional)

Place 1/2 cup soy sauce and a 1/2 cup sushi & sashimi soy sauce in bowl (the reason for the two different kinds of SS is just my preference. Use whatever you like, but I would recommend staying away from low sodium soy sauce.)

Add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil. (This stuff goes along way)
Slice white onion as thin as possible while still staying in rings. (I use a mandolin slicer on the thinnest setting)
Dice green onions and add to bowl
Peel and halve a couple garlic cloves and add to bowl

Per taste, add a couple of shakes of Sriracha and/or Red Pepper flakes. You can add a little Hot Chili Oil if you want the heat to stick to everyone's tongues =)  Limukohu seaweed is traditional but I don't add it.

Stir contents in bowl and let refrigerate over night.

Next day take out the mix, give it a stir and taste it (see if you want to add anything else). If the soy sauce flavor is really strong I would add a teaspoon of sesame oil but no more.

Drain the liquid (Save the liquid)

Cut Ahi into pieces (whatever size you want) and add to the bowl and mix. There should be plenty of liquid to coat the Ahi, but you can add a little bit more in from your reserve if needed.

This goes really well with some good quality table crackers.

Just go by taste and it will be great! Only big tip would be to make sure to not add too much sesame oil.

IMG_20170606_160201.jpg

Back on topic.

This also goes really good over a bed of rice or mixed into your salad.