• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per Joe McDonnell - Scioscia: No plans to quit despite struggles

T.G.

Scioscia quitting would be the dumbest thing ever. Was this even a possibility in anyone's mind?

It's one thing to fire the manager. But if he was just like "f this I'm out" then your organization has some serious problems (as if this one already doesn't).

A lot of bizarre and bad ideas in here. Hiring somebody from the 2002 World Series run doesn't mean their Willingness to Win (WtW) is going to magical help this team play to its talent level. Makes 0 sense to me.

Fire everybody? Yeah... Sure sends a signal... That the organization and owner has no idea what he's doing.

The most important thing is for Arte to stop meddling in baseball decisions.

Scioscia quitting is as unlikely to happen as Pujols quitting. He'd be walking away from all the remaining money on the contract. He only gets that money if he's fired.

I actually believe at some point pujols might walk away (no time soon). But he's the kind of guy who wants to go down as one of the greatest. If he starts really falling apart (non injury, declining skill), I can see him retiring in order to keep his rate numbers in tact. Like mantle saying hhow much he regretted playing his last year, which broight his career average below .300.

I am sure that Dipoto would hire someone from the Dbacks or Rockies for pitching coach. Having MLB experience is not necessary. At the end of the season make a run at Bud Black or Joe Maddon. Butcher should already be gone. No pitcher has ever improved under his tutaledge.

A Langston in place of Butcher move might be a good starting point.

Eppard for Hacker paid dividends in 2012.

But if this season does end up something like 75-87, then Scioscia has to go.

At this point, 75-87 is looking real good. That means the teams only goes 3 more games under .500

I actually believe at some point pujols might walk away (no time soon). But he's the kind of guy who wants to go down as one of the greatest. If he starts really falling apart (non injury, declining skill), I can see him retiring in order to keep his rate numbers intact. Like mantle saying hhow much he regretted playing his last year, which broight his career average below .300.

Albert came into this season ranked 4th all-time in slugging percentage. He's now 7th and dropping. Next stop on the way down is Mark McGuire.