• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per Joe McDonnell - Scioscia: No plans to quit despite struggles

T.G.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/story/Scioscia-No-plans-to-quit-despite-strugg?blockID=899567#.UYfhCO3Gvrg.twitter

A fired-up Scioscia wants to make it clear -- he's not interested in bailing out.

"I've never quit, given up or anything else like that in my career," the Halos' manager said after an 8-4 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday. "I'm certainly not going to start now.

I know many people want him fired, but I just can't see it happening.

What I can see happening is Butcher getting fired, and Ebel, Piccollo, and Eppard given the option of going back to AAA or released.

And while they don't have MLB or even minor coaching experience, offering the interim jobs to Langston, Percival, and Salmon.  What this team needs right now is goodwill, and hiring former Angels like them would bring in a lot of goodwill.  And if it works great, if it doesn't, then this offseason Dipoto and Scioscia sitting down and creating a MLB coaching staff.  Not a coaching staff made up of minor league coaches who have barely even played in the MLB.  In other words, might not be able to relate to the MLB mentality.

Would hiring former Angels really bring any sort of goodwill?

I don't think anyone would care if the entire 2002 team was coaching if the team was still awful.

And this isn't meant as a defense of any Angels coach in particular, but I don't think what they did in their playing careers matters at all.

Count me on the side that no longer has confidence in him but has no doubt he wants very much to win and tries as hard as he can. I believe he does show as much fire in the clubhouse as he can. But at a certain point you just have to realize the fire doesn't amount to anything. After you bitch out your bullpen for the 10th time and they come out and blow another lead late what more can you really do? Everyone is taking part in this shitfest. From Freiri to Downs to Blanton to Hamilton, everyone is helping to destroy this season.

With that said, I don't believe having Scioscia stick around is going to help, either this season or in the future. I'm not in a huge rush to fire him but I think we need to be looking very hard at possible replacements. Create a list of inside candidates to evaluate closer as the season progresses and after the season ends and we've cut ties with Scioscia conduct an extensive search of outside candidates until we find someone that has the skills to win and the ability to manage a club full of big heads. Unfortunately for Scioscia, it's not him.

I am pretty sure that Sosh will be gone at the end of the season if we have another losing record.

I am also fairly certain that a mid-season move will do basically nothing to help the team.  They would not be able to take the time to get the manager and staff that would utilize Dipoto's roster.  It will take time to find the right guy.

I have been saying all along that they need to hire some of these 2002 Vets. That team knew what it took to win and hopefully that would rub off on these players.

A better team than the current one?

I think people are getting a little to caught up with the 2002 team in regards to new coaches.

If they interview a bunch of people and Salmon or Percival or whoever comes out looking like the best candidate, then fine. But I don't think one of those guys is inherently a superior candidate because he played here in 2002.

Would hiring former Angels really bring any sort of goodwill?

I don't think anyone would care if the entire 2002 team was coaching if the team was still awful.

And this isn't meant as a defense of any Angels coach in particular, but I don't think what they did in their playing careers matters at all.

I think it would bring some goodwill.  I mean then you wouldn't have fire this coach or that coach all the time on here.  It would buy the Angels some time.  Maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't.  But I'd have more patience with the coaching staff if it was made up of former Angels like the one's I listed than the bunch of minor league coaches we have now. 

What would it do to "good will" if we hire these 2002 guys for the remainder of the season and then replace them during the winter?

Don't you think people will get all up in arms about that?

BTW I am one of the hire Salmon, Langston Percy, guys.

I am pretty sure that Sosh will be gone at the end of the season if we have another losing record.

I am also fairly certain that a mid-season move will do basically nothing to help the team.  They would not be able to take the time to get the manager and staff that would utilize Dipoto's roster.  It will take time to find the right guy.

"another losing record"....Scioscia has had two in thirteen seasons! 

I think it would bring some goodwill.  I mean then you wouldn't have fire this coach or that coach all the time on here.  It would buy the Angels some time.  Maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't.  But I'd have more patience with the coaching staff if it was made up of former Angels like the one's I listed than the bunch of minor league coaches we have now. 

why?

"another losing record"....Scioscia has had two in thirteen seasons! 

So my post is factually correct.  Thanks

Enough of this hiring Salmon, Langston, Percival, etc....... These guys have no pro ball experience when it comes to coaching! NONE! If this roster has tuned out Scioscia, what makes you think they will be on board with these hirings? There's a reason why these guys are in the radio/ tv booths.

We need a manager with experience. This is a roster full of veterans and was constructed to win now, not in 5 years. A leader who can come in and light a fire will get these guys going.

I've never been on the, hang Scioscia , bandwagon since I don't think he's the main problem. The org, as a whole, is a mess and he's just in the spot light. At the same time I understand that change is inevitable and may be what the franchise needs so I would be OK with it.

What else is Scioscia going to say?  Sure, I have a plan to quit, f..k this, take my 25 mil and retire in Tahiti.  Entirely predictable and usual fluff from McDonnell.

The rubber may hit the road when Houston, perhaps the only AL team worse than the Angels, wins the series after losing 18 of their last 22. 

What else is Scioscia going to say?  Sure, I have a plan to quit, f..k this, take my 25 mil and retire in Tahiti.  Entirely predictable and usual fluff from McDonnell.

The rubber may hit the road when Houston, perhaps the only AL team worse than the Angels, wins the series after losing 18 of their last 22. 

Scioscia quitting is as unlikely to happen as Pujols quitting. He'd be walking away from all the remaining money on the contract. He only gets that money if he's fired.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/story/Scioscia-No-plans-to-quit-despite-strugg?blockID=899567#.UYfhCO3Gvrg.twitter

A fired-up Scioscia wants to make it clear -- he's not interested in bailing out.

"I've never quit, given up or anything else like that in my career," the Halos' manager said after an 8-4 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday. "I'm certainly not going to start now.

Looks to me like he's quit a few diets in his life.