• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'm going to Arkansas in 10 days. Bentonville. Yeehaw 

My dad's side is from there. Check out Walton's 5&10. It's the original Walmart that's been turned into a museum. There's also still a confederate soldier monument in the town square that hasn't been torn down by an SJW yet. J.B. Hunt and Tyson Chicken are somewhere around there.

That's all I got.

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, LHalo said:

My dad's side is from there. Check out Walton's 5&10. It's the original Walmart that's been turned into a museum. There's also still a confederate soldier monument in the town square that hasn't been torn down by an SJW yet. J.B. Hunt and Tyson Chicken are somewhere around there.

That's all I got.

That trip has led to the longest most stressful stretch of work I've had in a long time. 

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

L.A. Unified's spending out of step with similar school systems, task force says

And the twofer.

Garcetti wants to fix some of L.A.'s worst roads. But repairs could hinge on a big fee hike

I mean, I just wish the voters would pass some type of gas tax money increase that would pay for this.  :572ac679b8023_sticker375x360::Angry-Red-Smiley-Wagging-Finger-107x107:

Garcetti clearly has his eyes on working in Sacramento some day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Charging $4 to Drive to L.A.’s Westside Could Significantly Cut Traffic, Study Finds

Hi Pandora.  Let me see what are you hiding inside your box?

Nonsense, how does it change anything? it isnt like those who work there have a choice or employers are going to suddenly embrace telecommuting over 4 bucks.
This state is tax happy and has no frigging clue.

• 1 month later...

MEASURE EE: QUALITY SCHOOLS FOR ALL

https://www.utla.net/measure-ee-quality-schools-all

The tax would be a new annual assessment of 16 cents per square foot on property owners’ habitable indoor space (for example, floors on a multi-story building, a main residence plus an accessory dwelling unit, or the total square footage of a high-rise building). Over half of homeowners would pay less than $240 per year.

Seeing that a few things come to mind.  First is the fact that multiple studies have shown little correlation between the amount spent per pupil and results, i.e. there's certain things no amount of money will fix when it's something a kid doesn't get at home.  Second I want to see the fine print about where any such funds end up.  Anything that ends up in the general fund will be treated like a slush fund.  As to:

"Other steps include closing corporate tax loopholes through the Schools and Communities First measure in 2020 and taxing the wealthy to fund special education (IDEA) and Title I."

Continuing to make CA one of the least friendly states for businesses is only going to continue to chase businesses out of the state.  Going after the "wealthy" will fall short and the middle class will continue to get crushed as they get taxed more and more.  Businesses may pay 70% of the increase but they're going to find a way to pass that onto consumers and/or get out of their employees by reducing benefits.