• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

Is Republicans getting wiped out the fault of the Democrats?  No I think it's just how the state has been trending for decades now as left leaning policies, taxation and so on have chased out tax paying citizens and businesses.  I'm betting 75% or more of the registered voters who left the state in the last 2-3 decades were Republicans.  The people that I know that left the state mostly were.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Things in this state are not going well. Crime rates are up, taxes are insane, housing is unaffordable, schools suck, , etc... At some point you would think that even the liberal citizenry would get tired of it. 

i paid 10 times the amount of taxes to state, than i did federal, how does this make any logical sense?

21 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Is Republicans getting wiped out the fault of the Democrats?  No I think it's just how the state has been trending for decades now as left leaning policies, taxation and so on have chased out tax paying citizens and businesses.  I'm betting 75% or more of the registered voters who left the state in the last 2-3 decades were Republicans.  The people that I know that left the state mostly were.

Yep

58 minutes ago, red321 said:

My district has been historically red...very red. Republicans continued to run very conservative wingnut type republicans, and have started to lose. That's not being locked in by gerrymandering, that's running the wrong type of candidate.

And if the Republicans are getting wiped out (see below, they are close to being surpassed by independents...these are older numbers so they might have fallen behind already). Is that the fault of the Democrats? Wouldn't the issue be they either need to recraft their message, or stop running far right tea party style candidates in a state that has rejected them and instead run more moderate candidates?

http://www.ppic.org/publication/california-voter-and-party-profiles/

The share of registered voters who are Democrats (44.8%) is up slightly from 2013 (43.9%), while the share of Republicans (25.9%) has declined since 2013 (28.9%). At the same time, the share of voters who say they are independent (formerly called “decline to state” and now called “no party preference”) has been increasing; it is now 24.5%, up from 20.9% in 2013. 

I'm sorry but that is BS.  You think California dems are going to vote for anyone but a dem?  

Also, of course the state is leaning more democratic.  A lot of republicans are leaving the state and you are replacing them with low income folks.

21 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'm sorry but that is BS.  You think California dems are going to vote for anyone but a dem?  

Also, of course the state is leaning more democratic.  A lot of republicans are leaving the state and you are replacing them with low income folks.

Unfortunately the Republican party in California thinks along the same lines as you...and continue to ensure they are irrelevant. They went from a party that could win statewide to a party that is lucky to have one of their candidates come out of the jungle primary (which I hate) on the state level and has to run disingenuous recall campaigns to try and keep Democrats from having a 2/3'rds majority in both state houses.

I'd also say anecdotal evidence of "Republicans fleeing the state" is just that. I know liberals who have left the state, to Oregon, Washington...or hell...how you doing in Texas Rally? Would be interesting to see actual hard data.

Edited by red321

13 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Personally, I think we should pay more to the state than to the feds.  Of course I believe the amount we pay to the feds should be much lower.

But the fact is that the state has, or should have, more influence on your everyday life than the feds.

Agreed but it is ridiculous here right now

58 minutes ago, red321 said:

if you paid 10 times more to the state, than the feds, you need a better tax person or potentially have a serious mistake on your return

No, i dont, its been checked, its been the same pattern for the last 5 or so years.  
Hate to break it to you but you are 100% wrong on this one.  

5 hours ago, red321 said:

I'd also say anecdotal evidence of "Republicans fleeing the state" is just that. I know liberals who have left the state, to Oregon, Washington...or hell...how you doing in Texas Rally? Would be interesting to see actual hard data.

No lib from California has ever moved to Texas. Also, there are no libs in Texas. I read that here in this thread.

Just ask your AngelsWin Texans. Not a lib in the bunch.

18 hours ago, RallyMo said:

No lib from California has ever moved to Texas. Also, there are no libs in Texas. I read that here in this thread.

Just ask your AngelsWin Texans. Not a lib in the bunch.

Honestly, I was surprised that all you Texas residents on this forum are libs. Who else on this forum other than yourself, Dude and Kurt live there? 

Why do the most violent/shittiest cities in the country continually vote for dems? 

Most violent cities per capita in the US. 

Detroit, St Louis, Memphis, Kansas City, Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, San Bernardino, Little Rock, Oakland, Toledo, Lansing, Buffalo, Nashville . . . 

In fact, 24 of the 25 most dangerous cities in the country (based on violent crimes per capita) voted for Hillary. The 25th, Beamont,TX voted for Trump, by a margin of 419 votes.

Two things:

1. Why do these people continue to vote for libs when the libs are doing nothing to make their neighborhoods safer (and less impoverished)? 

2. Good luck taking the guns away from the people and/or thugs who populate these areas 

23 hours ago, floplag said:

No, i dont, its been checked, its been the same pattern for the last 5 or so years.  
Hate to break it to you but you are 100% wrong on this one.  

I don't give two shits either way outside of letting you know there's a good chance you might have an issue with your taxes...or potentially confusing refund with taxes paid. If you think paying 10 times more in state taxes than federal taxes is correct...hey, whatever works for you....or maybe it's congrats, you have done some fantastic work to get your federal taxes down to the bare minimum.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Honestly, I was surprised that all you Texas residents on this forum are libs. Who else on this forum other than yourself, Dude and Kurt live there? 

I'm wondering why they would move from a blue state to a red state.

image.jpeg