• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

LAPD captain accuses department of twisting crime statistics to make city seem safer

This doesn't surprise me one bit being a resident of Los Angeles.  LAPD keeps saying that crime is going down in the neighborhood.  And yet I keep hearing of these burglaries and muggings in the area.  Heck, even watching the news, it's murders and home invasion robberies that are always on every days newscasts.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

LAPD captain accuses department of twisting crime statistics to make city seem safer

This doesn't surprise me one bit being a resident of Los Angeles.  LAPD keeps saying that crime is going down in the neighborhood.  And yet I keep hearing of these burglaries and muggings in the area.  Heck, even watching the news, it's murders and home invasion robberies that are always on every days newscasts.  

I watched The Wire too

• 3 months later...

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming?  I'm sure the solution will involve more taxes to throw more money at it.  I mean who would want to freeze in NY and the East Coast, when you can come to sunny Calolfornia and get everything handed to you.

L.A. County's homeless problem is worsening despite billions from tax measures

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Veteran L.A. cops and firefighters can work one shift, then collect double pay for years

I love how a 5 year plan with no additional costs to taxpayers gets permanently extended it 16 seconds and cost taxpayers billions.

i had no idea that being a longshoreman was something you could do while recovering from an injury. i mean, that's practically like a desk job, right?  i wonder if albert pujols knows about this...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mrwicked said:

And I thought SF's homeless problem was bad (it is), holy sh*t LA:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-homelessness-impact-on-others-20180301-htmlstory.html

such a worrisome issue. had no idea it had grown so much (46% in the last six years!). we have a couple of homeless encampments around here. the one underneath the 2 fwy by the eagle rock mall gets cleared out every few months, and they're gone for about a week, but they always return. i've given them a few things in recent years and wish i could do more. hope they can get their act together on the housing idea.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jason said:

Yet the same assholes will keep getting re-elected 

Of course they do, you think LA/SF will ever vote Rep anytime soon?  The Dems in this state could run a lemming symbolically to represent the way most of the vote and it would get elected. 

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

Of course they do, you think LA/SF will ever vote Rep anytime soon?  The Dems in this state could run a lemming symbolically to represent the way most of the vote and it would get elected. 

maybe the Republicans should run better candidates...at one point they used to compete in elections in this state

30 minutes ago, red321 said:

maybe the Republicans should run better candidates...at one point they used to compete in elections in this state

Yeah, they have, literally anyone would have been better than Moonbeam, Waters, Feinstien, et al...  but i digress. 
What would that even mean?  Is there anything a Rep could say that would make you vote for them?    Aside from i'm swapping parties or taking on the Dem agenda? 
This state agendas and priorities are a joke in every possible way and its citizens, specifically in LA and SF metro, are enabling them to the determent of this state as a whole 

43 minutes ago, red321 said:

Bleh, no way, they have the reps drawn and quartered by their redistricting.  There are an extremely few districts that can even have a competitive race.

44 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Bleh, no way, they have the reps drawn and quartered by their redistricting.  There are an extremely few districts that can even have a competitive race.

* California has an independent commission that draws district lines

* That doesn't account for statewide races where Republicans aren't competitive (see last Senate race)

Just now, red321 said:

* California has an independent commission that draws district lines

* That doesn't account for statewide races where Republicans aren't competitive (see last Senate race)

Doesn't matter how they got the districts.  Don't you see how locked in they are?

Also, dems outnumber reps two to one.  Why would anyone try to run for a major office?  Waste of time and money.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Doesn't matter how they got the districts.  Don't you see how locked in they are?

Also, dems outnumber reps two to one.  Why would anyone try to run for a major office?  Waste of time and money.

Only in the metro areas, inland rural is a very different story, but they dont count and are overruled and voted for by the metro urban centers.  I wish they would break up the state voting blocks, it isnt right to have peoples votes overridden and a different vote cast for them in any case regardless of party. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

It doesn't matter who the Reps run. The left in this state are so far to the left they don't even care who they are voting for as long as there is a (D) next to the name

24 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Things in this state are not going well. Crime rates are up, taxes are insane, housing is unaffordable, schools suck, , etc... At some point you would think that even the liberal citizenry would get tired of it. 

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

My district has been historically red...very red. Republicans continued to run very conservative wingnut type republicans, and have started to lose. That's not being locked in by gerrymandering, that's running the wrong type of candidate.

And if the Republicans are getting wiped out (see below, they are close to being surpassed by independents...these are older numbers so they might have fallen behind already). Is that the fault of the Democrats? Wouldn't the issue be they either need to recraft their message, or stop running far right tea party style candidates in a state that has rejected them and instead run more moderate candidates?

http://www.ppic.org/publication/california-voter-and-party-profiles/

The share of registered voters who are Democrats (44.8%) is up slightly from 2013 (43.9%), while the share of Republicans (25.9%) has declined since 2013 (28.9%). At the same time, the share of voters who say they are independent (formerly called “decline to state” and now called “no party preference”) has been increasing; it is now 24.5%, up from 20.9% in 2013. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Things in that state are not going well. Crime rates are up, property taxes are insane, schools suck, etc... At some point you would think that even the conservative citizenry would get tired of it. 

Stop talking about Texas like that!