• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Might be time for Scioscia to leave

I did the research, the contract is back loaded so to make your premise made on dollars owed, wouldn't it make sense to have you facts straight? Hamilton's salary does not affect the payroll for two more years.

You must be used to FOX News making up numbers for their made up stories.

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mike-scioscia-los-angeles-angels-could-be-better-off-apart-ken-rosenthal-analysis-050513

synopsis: Scioscia bad fit for how the roster is constructed. Angels franchise is in trouble for a long time. Scioscia and Moreno should work out an amicable settlement on the e contract.

after being called an idiot for years by Angel fans, Rosenthal will not  be considered an genius.

The only thing I disagree with is the angle that Scioscia is somehow the victim because we don't have the style of players he wants.

He's not managing the games and team effectively like he did years ago and the coaching staff isn't anywhere near as strong as it once was.

I personally think he's stubbornness and he's unwillingness to fire anyone on his staff even if it's apparent they aren't doing their job or the team needs a voice with a different angle will be his downfall.

"And they’re locked into Hamilton at $25 million per season through 2017"

When Weaselthal looks up his facts then I will start taking him seriously.

The average annual value of his contract IS $25 million per season, and the contract IS through 2017. Just because it's backloaded doesn't change those two FACTS.

I did the research, the contract is back loaded so to make your premise made on dollars owed, wouldn't it make sense to have you facts straight? Hamilton's salary does not affect the payroll for two more years.

I refuse to watch Faux News. HUGE premise fail.

I also didn't make up the numbers, unlike Faux News. The numbers are right there on Cot's Contracts. Five years/$125 million. That is an AAV of $25 million.

For the sake of someone writing the article, the AAV is really the point, not that it's back-ended for $32.4 million for the last two years.

Okay so you would have been happier if Rosenthal pointed out that Arte and Jerry backloaded the contract so that Josh, in his late 30's, will be making 30 million a year?

Mike Scioscia isn't the problem either.

Every time I see you post, it's always bashing Scioscia. It's not all him like you think.

There are a multitude of problems.

Scioscia's managing, no matter how you like to avoid the obvious, is one of them.

This team is not going to win with Scioscia at the helm this year. This is clear as day.

They may or may not win with someone else at the helm. I'd like to find out.

But, by all means, keep acting as if he's the Messiah.

So let's follow your logic, last year Trout ran a lot, so Scioscia wasn't holding him back. He was very successful, exceptional in fact. Scioscia likes to be aggressive on the basepaths, always has. But despite all of that, since so far Trout hasn't been running as much, Scioscia must be holding him back. Does this really make sense to you? 

So let's follow your logic, last year Trout ran a lot, so Scioscia wasn't holding him back. He was very successful, exceptional in fact. Scioscia likes to be aggressive on the basepaths, always has. But despite all of that, since so far Trout hasn't been running as much, Scioscia must be holding him back. Does this really make sense to you? 

Yeah, it's called putting him in the #2 spot.

Actions speak louder than words. Trout been  on base and he doesn't get the green light unless it's late in the count or not even at all. Scioscia has not given the speed deamons the green light like they should and Bourjos was actually getting on base this season. It doesn't have to make sense mentally, but what I have witness with my eyes,

There are a multitude of problems.

Scioscia's managing, no matter how you like to avoid the obvious, is one of them.

This team is not going to win with Scioscia at the helm this year. This is clear as day.

They may or may not win with someone else at the helm. I'd like to find out.

But, by all means, keep acting as if he's the Messiah.

By no means am I acting like he is the Messiah.

These players just aren't performing...... Period!!!

By no means am I acting like he is the Messiah.

These players just aren't performing...... Period!!!

And, yes, that blame does lie on the players. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any motivation from above, and that is also part of the problem.

There doesn't seem to be any accountability for playing badly.

rosenthal was right about hamilton's contract. his message was clear. is he supposed to outline the individual salaries per year over the term of the contract? that's a ridiculous standard.

he correctly attributed the dollar values and the term. that's concise and accurate, i wish all reporters cared to hold that standard.