• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are the Minor League Rosters

Rosters typically aren't announced until a few days before start of minor league season. I'd give it a few more days.

The current rosters listed through MiLB.com are incomplete ones from last year, I wouldn't reference them. It's highly unlikely Thaiss is in A Ball, probably high A, thigh AA wouldn't surprise me. 

11 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Rosters typically aren't announced until a few days before start of minor league season. I'd give it a few more days.

The current rosters listed through MiLB.com are incomplete ones from last year, I wouldn't reference them. It's highly unlikely Thaiss is in A Ball, probably high A, thigh AA wouldn't surprise me. 

The Minor League season starts this Thursday, so that's why I'm asking. It seems to me that the Angels are a bit late in announcing them, and I don't know why. 

And yes, I appreciate all that John Smith does in getting this out, which is why I was hoping I just missed them and he was going to post them. I'm curious where several players end up.

With the 2017 season getting started, here's a look at where the Angels' Top 30 prospects are projected to start the season:

1. Jahmai Jones -- Burlington Bees (A)
2. Matt Thaiss -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
3. Brandon Marsh -- Extended spring training
4. Nate Smith -- Salt Lake Bees (AAA)
5. Keynan Middleton -- Salt Lake Bees (AAA)
6. Grayson Long -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
7. Taylor Ward -- Disabled list
8. Alex Meyer -- Salt Lake Bees (AAA)
9. Chris Rodriguez -- Extended spring training
10. Jaime Barria -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
11. David Fletcher -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
12. Vicente Campos -- Disabled list
13. Nonie Williams -- Extended spring training
14. Michael Hermosillo -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
15. Connor Justus -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
16. Eduardo Paredes -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
17. Cole Duensing -- Extended spring training
18. Troy Montgomery -- Burlington Bees (A)
19. Abel De Los Santos -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
20. Elvin Rodriguez -- Extended spring training
21. Osmer Morales -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
22. Brooks Pounders -- Salt Lake Bees (AAA)
23. Kevin Grendell -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
24. Jared Foster -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
25. Joe Gatto -- Burlington Bees (A)
26. Jake Jewell -- Inland Empire 66ers (A Adv)
27. Julio Garcia -- Extended spring training
28. Caleb Adams -- Mobile BayBears (AA)
29. Manny Banuelos -- Salt Lake Bees (AAA)
30. Kyle Survance -- Disabled list

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/222066838/where-angels-top-30-prospects-are-starting/

At Triple-A, touted pitching prospect Nate Smith will start the season on the disabled list because of a forearm strain. The rotation at Triple-A will be Alex Meyer, Daniel Wright, Manny Banuelos, Alex Blackford and Drew Gagnon, according to general manager Billy Eppler…

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/everyday-748484-player-prove.html

33 minutes ago, John Smith said:

At Triple-A, touted pitching prospect Nate Smith will start the season on the disabled list because of a forearm strain. The rotation at Triple-A will be Alex Meyer, Daniel Wright, Manny Banuelos, Alex Blackford and Drew Gagnon, according to general manager Billy Eppler…

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/everyday-748484-player-prove.html

Drew Gagnon?  Interesting.  Blackford over Kipper? O'Grady? What happened to Scriber?  

Rotations as I see them

AAA - Meyer, Wright, Banuelos, Blackford, Gagnon

AA - Kipper, O'Grady, Klonowski (interesting choice.  5.17 era.  age 24), Luis Diaz (24yo in the padres org last year.  5+ era over the last two seasons), Osmer Morales.  I would have though kipper or o'grady deserved to be in AAA, but it appears that out of necessity, we need them at AA.

High A - Barria, Pena, Rodriguez, Grayson Long, Robichaux? Jewell? 

I am guessing that Rhoades and Nuss are going to be relievers.  

A - Castillo, Gatto, Pastrone, Berness and Wesely.  (last two not sure of.  probably how'd I'd fill it out). 

Herrin (got hit hard as a starter in orem last year), Erik Manoah? (Hasn't done much in a couple seasons, but only 20yo).  Wesely as a starter?  Bertness?  

Angels look to be playingbit more conservative than most teams which has been par for the course with this team. 

Fletcher still in AA, Hermosillo still in the Cal League, Montgomery held down in A Ball, O'Grady and Kipper are still down in AA. The only ones I think they got right were Thaiss, Ramer and Justus.

What's the buzz? The Salt Lake Bees are back in town

"The cast includes veteran outfielder Eric Young Jr. ...Besides Young, outfielders Ramon Flores, Ryan LaMarre and Shane Robinson have been assigned to the Bees. The infielders include Dustin Ackley, Kaleb Cowart, Nolan Fontana, Sherman Johnson, Rey Navarro and Matt Williams. Francisco Arcia and Tony Sanchez are the catchers. Right-hander Keynan Middleton is among Salt Lake’s 14 pitchers...The other pitchers opening the season in Salt Lake include right-handers Austin Adams, Alex Blackford, Drew Gagnon, Deolis Guerra, Alex Meyer, Justin Miller, Mike Morin, Brooks Pounders, Jose Valdez and Daniel Wright. The lefties on the staff include Marty Banuelos, Cody Ege and Greg Mahle."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865677138/Whats-the-buzz-The-Salt-Lake-Bees-are-back-in-town.html

March 25-31
Signed: RHP Ryan Clark (released by Braves, March 28) | RHP Greyfer Eregua (released by Cubs, March 30) | RHP Reilly Peltier (released by Rangers, March 21) | RHP Brandon Peterson (released by Twins, March 24) | C James Alfonso (released by Mariners, March 23)

Released: RHP Eric Alonzo | RHP Jason Hoppe | RHP Michael Smith | RHP Blayne Weller | LHP Alex Henson | C Tanner Lubach | 1B Nick Flair | 3B Ryan Sebra | OF Alex Abbott | OF Chad Hinshaw | OF Alexis Rivera

Traded: RHP Zach Hartman to Dodgers for C Julian Leon