• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mind-numbing loss

Mediocrity would not be welcome. Last thing I want to see happen is a repeat of the 2012 season where we get super hot but it's too little too late, and we miss the playoffs anyway and that is used to justify keeping Scioscia with the club indefinitely.

Mediocrity would not be welcome. Last thing I want to see happen is a repeat of the 2012 season where we get super hot but fall just short of the playoffs anyway and that is used to justify keeping Scioscia with the club indefinitely.

I don't agree with all the Scioscia hate on here, but I am beginning to think he's just not right for the job anymore. Since 2010 something just hasn't been right with this team. Maybe having an absolute shit year is just what this team needs, They could restock the farm, possibly bring in a new coaching staff.

Maybe having an absolute shit year is just what this team needs, They could restock the farm, possibly bring in a new coaching staff.

Sometimes you have to endure the awful to get to where you need to be. You reach the point where you want your team to be either really good (disproving what you believed to begin with) or really bad, forcing a change in leadership. What you don't want is a season somewhere in the middle - good enough for the current staff to keep their jobs, but not good enough to show any progress toward improvement.

I don't agree with all the Scioscia hate on here, but I am beginning to think he's just not right for the job anymore. Since 2010 something just hasn't been right with this team. Maybe having an absolute shit year is just what this team needs, They could restock the farm, possibly bring in a new coaching staff.

Had that absolute shit year last year...

I think they may need a manager that will light a fire under there asses when needed. Sosh is too laid back for that. Pretty said a bunch of grown men getting paid millions to play a game they love need to be yelled at to wake up, but it looks like they need that. Because what sosh is doing right now is obviously not working.

Sosh likes to play small ball. With the money Arte has put into this lineup, they shouldnt have to play small ball to score runs. I just dont think sosh is the right fit here anymore with the kind of players we have.

1 draft isnt going to restock shit. You have to have at least 3 or 4 drafts to replenish the minors. You can have a firesale, but most of the big contracts have a no-trade clause.(cough ......CJ..cough) wtf Depoto.

Well, there's this years draft and possibly high picks in 2014 if this continues, that's a good start. Fire sale isn't going to happen, but a "retooling" is a definite possibility. Aybar, Kendrick, Ianetta along with a few others could probably bring in some useful younger players.

Well, there's this years draft and possibly high picks in 2014 if this continues, that's a good start. Fire sale isn't going to happen, but a "retooling" is a definite possibility. Aybar, Kendrick, Ianetta along with a few others could probably bring in some useful younger players.

We dont even have a first round pick this year due to the hamilton signing, i think we make our first pick 59th overall or somewhere in the 50's atleast

We dont even have a first round pick this year due to the hamilton signing, i think we make our first pick 59th overall

I am aware of that. Solid contributors can be found outside the first round.

If anything changes it needs to be the free will spending by the front office. NO more giving up first round picks for FA players.

I am aware of that. Solid contributors can be found outside the first round.

If anything changes it needs to be the free will spending by the front office. NO more giving up first round picks for FA players.

Ya i agree but we are in a tough spot now. Either we dont sign those big FA players and go into rebuilding mode for 2-3 years. Or we spend more while we have pujols and hamilton and try and win that way. And if in 2-3 years it hasnt worked then rebuild with pujols more than likely being done and Hamiltons contract almost up.

Either way we are in bad shape

The good news is they can sign a GOOD FA this upcoming off-season, and not lose a pick at this rate. No more over 30 and quickly washing out players anymore though!

Get better MLB scouts in here who can do a better job at projecting what someone can do here. Whoever recommended Hamilton must have flat out flunked Scouting 101.

The good news is they can sign a GOOD FA this upcoming off-season, and not lose a pick at this rate. No more over 30 and quickly washing out players anymore though!

Get better MLB scouts in here who can do a better job at projecting what someone can do here. Whoever recommended Hamilton must have flat out flunked Scouting 101.

My theory is that Arte Moreno himself recommended Hamilton, and let his baseball people handle getting it done.