• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

List of Scioscia's mind-numbing moves

Again, I agree with your point yet the opposite is somewhat justifiable as well.  The way it actually played out was ok.  Get the score even and go to extras.  I would have liked to see what would have happened if he doesn't have schuck bunt, but it's not one that I have huge issue with like bringing in Barry Enright to pitch with the bases loaded or walking Flaherty to pitch to wieters. 

I do agree at least with this much.

The IBB to Flaherty was very possibly the weirdest call I've seen Scioscia make in...jeez, I don't even know how long.

Again, I agree with your point yet the opposite is somewhat justifiable as well.  The way it actually played out was ok.  Get the score even and go to extras.  I would have liked to see what would have happened if he doesn't have schuck bunt, but it's not one that I have huge issue with like bringing in Barry Enright to pitch with the bases loaded or walking Flaherty to pitch to wieters. 

Those were much poorer decisiosn.

I for one am surprised Scioscia chose to give up the DH in this game. Sounds a lot like "gutting the lineup" to me:

"guitting the lineup" is a quote from Scioscia when asked why he didn't pinch run for Morales in a game in Texas last year. Morales hit a double in the top of the 9th and was left to run for himself. He was thrown out at the plate instead of scoring what would've been the winning insurance run. 

Scioscia stated he wanted to put Bourjos in CF and pinch running Bourjos for Morales then doing the defensive sub would lose the DH spot assuming the game went into extras. Even though Morales spot wasn't due up for a long assuming we tied-- and we had a 1 run lead at the time.

Those were much poorer decisiosn.

I for one am surprised Scioscia chose to give up the DH in this game. Sounds a lot like "gutting the lineup" to me:

"guitting the lineup" is a quote from Scioscia when asked why he didn't pinch run for Morales in a game in Texas last year. Morales hit a double in the top of the 9th and was left to run for himself. He was thrown out at the plate instead of scoring what would've been the winning insurance run. 

Scioscia stated he wanted to put Bourjos in CF and pinch running Bourjos for Morales then doing the defensive sub would lose the DH spot assuming the game went into extras. Even though Morales spot wasn't due up for a long assuming we tied-- and we had a 1 run lead at the time.

he learned from his mistake.....to make another one.

There's close to thirty game losses in MLB everyday. You can make a argument against the manager for all those losses.

Fans micro managing here after the fact is hilarious.

Here's a idea ... Either support the team or find a new team. Win or lose we have a great product to support.

God loves Angels baseball!

There's close to thirty game losses in MLB everyday. You can make a argument against the manager for all those losses.

Fans micro managing here after the fact is hilarious.

Here's a idea ... Either support the team or find a new team. Win or lose we have a great product to support.

God loves Angels baseball!

There are FIFTEEN game losses in MLB everyday, Because there are thirty teams. Math fail.

Fans micromanaging because that's what fans do and have a right to do.

This is NOT a great product. Maybe you're thinking of one of your other teams. One can support the team but hate the managerial decisions. It's not a zero sum game.

It's debatable that there is a God, and if there was, it certainly does not appear that He (or She) loves Angels baseball at this time.

Ok, here's how I saw it. It's a 3-1 count on Shuck when he bunted the runners over. He bunted a strike so if he watches that pitch its now a full count and you haven't choice but to swing away. O'Day is an extreme ground ball pitcher so there's a always a chance for a double play. Or if he swings and misses with the runners going on a full count you are looking at a strike him out throw him out double play. It's still JB Shuck, who has played well but he isn't Mike Trout or Trumbo.