• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

List of Scioscia's mind-numbing moves

Today's mismanaging is like many other games where Scioscia does things just for the hell of it.

Deep down, he believes he has to micromanage excessively, for without that, the team cannot win on its own.  He's become so arrogant he must leave his stamp on every single game, and he needs that control like he needs his food. 

He's obsessed with base running, hit and runs, bunting, and constantly changing lineups -- not for strategic reasons -- but because that affords him the control his ego so desparately craves.  He makes stupid mistakes repeatedly for the same reason...he's too proud to change anything if that means relinquishing any control. 

It's OK he still has the A's, Rangers and Red Sox who are doing good

FWIW I don't root for teams other than the Angels, but I have bet on other teams than the Angels. I often place a modest bet for the team I feel is most under-rated going into an MLB season. 

I've been a Scioscia "apologist" for years. I've had it. Fire his ass. This team continues to get off to crippling starts, underachieves and his managerial moves keep getting worse and worse. The players don't respond to his "closed door meetings" either.

He's the common denominator. DiPoto has changed the roster and put talent in the right spots. This team, even without a great pitching staff, should be better than this. It's getting pathetic.

I've been a Scioscia "apologist" for years. I've had it. Fire his ass. This team continues to get off to crippling starts, underachieves and his managerial moves keep getting worse and worse. The players don't respond to his "closed door meetings" either.

He's the common denominator. DiPoto has changed the roster and put talent in the right spots. This team, even without a great pitching staff, should be better than this. It's getting pathetic.

Welcome to the fraternity of realists.

I'm not sure why, but I seem to enjoy the fact that I imagine you're generally probably an unhappy person.

I have no idea why I get that feeling and stranger yet, I don't know why it warms me inside.

But it does.

Haha I think the exact same thing reading his posts.

I have been actively pointing out Scioscias deficiencies for so long, at least 5 years, that I figure people that haven't seen it yet, will NEVER allow them selves to see how bad he is.

This is nothing new. It is the never ending story X10.

Squeaky parrot voice here..

Who would be better?

Cant afford it!

Not gonna eat his money!

Scioscia has been outed as mediocre, over rated, and just plain incompetent for years.

There are only a few very vocal, smartass, and heavily invested backers in the Angels MB community that still try to defend the guy.

These people will call YOU a bad baseball fan, before they ever admit that Scioscia was DONE years ago.

For those of us that have known it for a long time, there is, SADLY, a certain amount of satisfaction watching him spiral down in flames..but it is SO SAD...

WHY????

We love this team, we want them to win, and we knew it was not going to happen under the current regime.

WE HAVE KNOWN IT FOR YEARS, AND HAVE BEEN ATTACKED EVER TIME WE TRY TO SAY IT.

Scioscia is going to get fired, and things WILL get better, and it should have happened years ago...YEARS AGO.

Despite wailing and gnashing of teeth from his die-hard supporters....

Things WILL get better.

Hard for me to believe that so many good fans have taken this long to grasp any reality, concerning Scioscia.

What a waste of whole baseball seasons.

Scioscia..You can fire him, and his staff, but the team wont play better....

Bullshit.

This TEAM is way better than it plays the game.

Been that way for TOO LONG now.

Baseball seasons are LONG, annd this has been going on for a LONG time.

The excuse makers, LONG ago, ran out of excuses... not really hard to man up and face the truth when people have been pointing it out...,

for years and years.

Want to make sure I understand this.

Scioscia PH for Ianetta with Cousins. Cousins walks. (note...scored tying run)

Scioscia has Schuck, the 9th man in the lineup facing a sinker ball pitcher, bunt, moving runners to 2nd and 3rd

And that's a bad thing? Because 2 innings later in a double switch to keep Richards available for multiple extra innings (made possible by the moves earlier) a utility infielder blows a routine double play?

Both runners score...game is tied. When you are down by two in the 8th your minimum goal is to score two runs...not play 10th dimensional chess.

You guys need help.

Lots to criticize Scioscia about this year. This ain't one of them.

Giving away an out to a guy who can't throw strikes is bad managing. There's not a good reason to keep the bunt on with Shuck in a 3-0(and yes, Scioscia did have the bunt on with a 3-0 count, because he was going to give that out to the Orioles whether they liked it or not) or 3-1 count against O'Day there.

And while PHing Cousins for Iannetta worked, it also lost the team their DH in the 8th inning because Scioscia decided to have Conger DH.

Scioscia certainly makes bad decisions sometimes - and sometimes fairly often - but to think he does it "for the hell of it" or because "he wants to get fired" or some other bizarre reason is just stupid.  Much like the players not performing to the levels they should be able to, Sosh just makes bad decisions.  I'm sure he thinks they're the right decisions but they aren't working out.  

O'Day in the 8th inning:

Ball 1 to Conger

Strike 1 to Conger

Bunt hit by Conger

Ball

Ball

Ball

Ball 4, walk to Cousins

Ball, where Shuck showed bunt and pulled the bat back

Strike that should have been called a ball, that for some reason Scioscia also had Shuck trying to bunt on

Why on Earth do you give that guy a free out when he's shown no ability to get an out himself?

It's robotic smallball loyalty that should have stayed behind in the 80s.

Want to make sure I understand this.

Scioscia PH for Ianetta with Cousins. Cousins walks. (note...scored tying run)

Scioscia has Schuck, the 9th man in the lineup facing a sinker ball pitcher, bunt, moving runners to 2nd and 3rd

And that's a bad thing? Because 2 innings later in a double switch to keep Richards available for multiple extra innings (made possible by the moves earlier) a utility infielder blows a routine double play?

Both runners score...game is tied. When you are down by two in the 8th your minimum goal is to score two runs...not play 10th dimensional chess.

You guys need help.

Lots to criticize Scioscia about this year. This ain't one of them.

I'm no baseball expert, but anytime you give up your DH, you are asking for trouble. Sosh is at the point in his Angels career that even when things technically "work", they don't and the Angels lose. Kinda hard to look past that.