18 minutes ago, Jay said:

We like it a lot. We live in Eagle which is a few miles from Boise. The climate in Southwest Idaho is dry, like a high desert. So we don't get a lot of rain here, probably even less than So. Cal. However there is plenty of water so that's not an issue. There are 4 seasons here and it's amazing how you can feel the seasons change. We get a little snow in winter but not much. Took me about a year to acclimate from the "perfect" weather of Orange County to something more realistic, but I actually enjoy the cold weather for a few months, and look forward to Spring. Then in July/August the weather heats up and we look forward to the Fall. June/October are very nice here.

Boise is the state capitol and a college town. Boise is on the "Blue" side politically but the rest of the state is fairly conservative.

We bought a new house in October 2017, and moved in June 2018 after we sold our house in Costa Mesa.

Going by Zillow (so consider the source) our property value has increased 38% since we bought it.

Are there any brown people there?  How is the Mexican food? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe she means she's his first partner tonight before he plows through some of his cabinet members and/or their wives. 

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Buddy of mine is a principal. Just told his staff this is his last year and he’s looking to move to Idaho. He was up there in July looking at property.

Maybe he just wants to get away from you.

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

One of our sales reps is moving to Eagle in a few weeks. He secured a month to month lease and is looking to buy next spring. It’s amazing how many Californians are migrating to Idaho and Tennessee. 

Glad to hear you like your new home! I’ll be your neighbor to the north when I eventually move to the Sandpoint area. 

Maybe they're just trying to get away from you.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

We like it a lot. We live in Eagle which is a few miles from Boise. The climate in Southwest Idaho is dry, like a high desert. So we don't get a lot of rain here, probably even less than So. Cal. However there is plenty of water so that's not an issue. There are 4 seasons here and it's amazing how you can feel the seasons change. We get a little snow in winter but not much. Took me about a year to acclimate from the "perfect" weather of Orange County to something more realistic, but I actually enjoy the cold weather for a few months, and look forward to Spring. Then in July/August the weather heats up and we look forward to the Fall. June/October are very nice 

I remember we talked briefly about your move out of CA some time back but didn’t recall exactly where in Idaho you were just that you ran into other people locally who were from OC. Eagle was actually one of the places I came across yesterday that piqued my interest.  Close to Boise but also far enough away, more house for your money, not too much snow, good schools and low crime rates. Definitely a place I’ll be learning more about. 

37 minutes ago, calscuf said:

My mom and sister live in Eagle.  But just to warn you guys my mom is married to the black guy there and my sister is married to the asian guy.  So it’s not like it’s a utopia.

That's unpossible. Idaho is all white supremacissssss!!!

8 hours ago, halomatt said:

Are there any brown people there?  How is the Mexican food? 

It's pretty white here but there are Hispanics. Nothing like OC but we have some carnecerias and hole in the wall taco places. I actually miss the diversity but over time it will change.

I remember my favorite place to eat when I had a hangover was Mario's Liquor in HB. They had a carneceria inside a liquor store. They tore it down and turned it into a Subway. Brutal. Anyway we don't have that here.

9 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I remember we talked briefly about your move out of CA some time back but didn’t recall exactly where in Idaho you were just that you ran into other people locally who were from OC. Eagle was actually one of the places I came across yesterday that piqued my interest.  Close to Boise but also far enough away, more house for your money, not too much snow, good schools and low crime rates. Definitely a place I’ll be learning more about. 

How bad must things be that you aren't just looking at moving to Idaho, you are trying to find a more efficient part of Idaho than just anywhere in Idaho.

Really is sad how liberalism has completely destroyed a once great state. When I say liberals, I am including the limp dick reps that did their fair share of damage. From education to fire prevention strategy, it has become a total shit show. I have lived in 7 states and 4 countries and never have I seen so much human shit in the streets. I have never had to avoid human feces in any street in America outside of Cali. We go back and forth on politics in here but it is mind boggling how so many libs can’t see the shit of s state they call home. The state has the potential to be so much more. Everything libs want for America has pretty much been done in Cali. The results are high taxes and energy costs. Blackouts, wildfires, and billions spent on illegals. With just a tad of common sense, all of California could look like Santa Barbara or Montecito. The quality of life could be unparalleled to any other place on earth. 

45 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

It’s unbelievable how bad he’s ruined this place. It will take decades to recover from the economic repercussions of his tyranny. 

The whole " two weeks flatten the curve" bit was a lie. I think it's around 18 weeks now

32 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Yup ... got in under the wire (15 years ago last month)

Glad that so many here are waking up to the need to get the hell out of there!

Aren't your in the Boulder area? That's the most liberal part of the state. Also CO has been blue for awhile hasn't it?