Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

Calolfornia

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

If true.  This is going to be a huge problem for Calolfornia.  Their business model of gooberment is mortgage the future, because the population will always increase to pay for it.  If the population decreases, it means more tax fun for those that stay.

8 hours ago, Adam said:

My kid has gotten really into rap and hip hop. He loves California Love. (Radio version).

Being a white child who listens to rap is usually a red state thing.

Hey, the schools are at it again.  This time, only $15 billion in bonds to be paid over 35 years at $740 million a year.  And it'll all come out of the general fund.  Oddly called Prop 13.  Hopefully everyone will vote harder again to defeat this and measure FD.  

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'm voting for prop 13 just to own the cons.

I would think a Church employee, particularly in South OC would want its Church members to have access to more of their own money. 

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

I would think a Church employee, particularly in South OC would want its Church members to have access to more of their own money. 

Perhaps.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

No photo description available.

Public Servants. Wonder what political party she's affiliated with

She must be some dummy without a degree who just unioned her way into that gig with a HS degree. Libs, man.

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

i imagine the increasing obesity rates for kids and the significant decrease of playing outside have contributed substantially to the decreases in scoring/results, probably a lot more than bullying (which the article doesn't really discuss outside of body shaming from BMI results). sounds like ending the BMI part of this might be a step in the right direction.

Hopefully next they pause everything else about public school.

This is funny. Umm pretty sure fat kids know when they're fat. 

School districts nationwide use such tests, and the exercise can inform growing children about potential health problems, experts say. But the results from tests and BMI measurements should not be used to diagnose health risks, according to the Society of Health and Physical Educators.