• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are you talking about California citizens? They don't care about the massive amount of homeless people spreading disease and shitting everywhere so I'm confident they would not care about this. 

They would if they understood that the legislature is holding their uber fare hostage. $20 ubers will cost $50 if they're ultimately forced to use W2s. Which they won't. They'll disregard the law for now but ultimately they'd just stop servicing CA.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

They would if they understood that the legislature is holding their uber fare hostage. $20 ubers will cost $50 if they're ultimately forced to use W2s. Which they won't. They'll disregard the law for now but ultimately they'd just stop servicing CA.

It makes you wonder what it would take for the citizens here to look into a change in the political climate of the state. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It was already the law after Dynamex.  And these rules have been around forever.  You have to have a way to delineate between independent contractors and employees.  

Well the Dynamex ruling changed the IC test from the common law test - 20 Factors to the ABC Test - a 3-prong test, which is more difficult to satisfy based on the limited scope of the test and the emphasis placed on integration and entrepreneurialism. The Dynamex case didn't change the rules for how UI investigations were determined. AB5 is seeking to apply the ABC test across all of it. Plus, they're applying it retroactively to 3 years ago.

The ABC Test is fine. I don't really care about that. The bigger challenge has been the sensationalized coverage of the bill which is really disrupting a lot of industry right now. Some retailers, hospitals and other businesses are worried that the State is going to be pushing co-employment classification on them for utilizing companies that use contractors. 

The sad part of this whole thing is that ultimately, gig companies and delivery firms will be added to the exempt list and allowed to operate with ICs, but the insurance, certification and screening requirements that will ultimately be required will make the individual worker situations worse off than they are today.

15 hours ago, calscuf said:

My opinions on it are really only as it pertains to workers comp and it’s always a fight with douche employers who they can just call someone an IC and not have to pay for comp insurance.  This law makes my job easier and rightfully classifies “employees” as employees and gives protections they’re legally entitled to.  

Selfishly, it is a huge help to me too as it drives a lot of business our way.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Man, Calolfornia businesses get screwed with these new laws.

https://abc7.com/politics/new-california-laws-in-2020/5750088/

Oh, and Tank is going to have a fun time when that one student keeps telling him to fuck off.

this is an asinine law. it's going to have horrible consequences. but that said, it doesn't look like this will affect private schools, so that student that tells me to F Off is going to get some time at home.

SB 419: School suspensions
Students in elementary school can't be so easily suspended for causing trouble at school. The law bans schools from suspending students in grades 4-8 for disrupting school activities or defying teachers and administrators. Students in grades K-3 already have this protection. High school students must wait until 2025 for the same benefit.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

this is an asinine law. it's going to have horrible consequences. but that said, it doesn't look like this will affect private schools, so that student that tells me to F Off is going to get some time at home.

Students in elementary school can't be so easily suspended for causing trouble at school. The law bans schools from suspending students in grades 4-8 for disrupting school activities or defying teachers and administrators. Students in grades K-3 already have this protection. High school students must wait until 2025 for the same benefit.

Quiet you.

GIF by South Park

2 hours ago, Tank said:

So... you can flog the parents instead?

On 12/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, gotbeer said:

Man, Calolfornia businesses get screwed with these new laws.

https://abc7.com/politics/new-california-laws-in-2020/5750088/

Oh, and Tank is going to have a fun time when that one student keeps telling him to fuck off.

Good news for Adam:

SB 142: Lactation accommodations
While California has had a law requiring employers to provide breaks for nursing mothers, many were forced to express breast milk in a bathroom stall or office closet. This new law requires companies to provide appropriate lactation accommodations that is close to the employee's work area, has electrical plugs and is free of intrusion.

• 3 weeks later...

solid work once again up in Sacramento. no plan to build new reservoirs or aquifers, just more restrictions coming and an increase in cost to consumers. idiots.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/just-the-facts-about-californias-new-household-water-rationing-law/?fbclid=IwAR3CeRUPsFL-Qnin4oHipbROBh66A_5rttzASAjlDmKBqdG-Tt1j4KOEe-Q

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

solid work once again up in Sacramento. no plan to build new reservoirs or aquifers, just more restrictions coming and an increase in cost to consumers. idiots.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/just-the-facts-about-californias-new-household-water-rationing-law/?fbclid=IwAR3CeRUPsFL-Qnin4oHipbROBh66A_5rttzASAjlDmKBqdG-Tt1j4KOEe-Q

"If it's brown flush it down" no longer applies. I guess the brown gets to mellow now too 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm really hoping this isn't accurate. Those restrictions would make life impossible.

We better start practicing pooping in the ground. @Adam, any pro tips?

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm really hoping this isn't accurate. Those restrictions would make life impossible.

We better start practicing pooping in the ground. @Adam, any pro tips?

My neighbor was just telling me about this. We have a work around. Fuck the State