• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Awesome! I fucking love paying taxes. I'm going to work extra hard this year so I can continue to help out with all the great things this state is doing for us middle class folks

21 minutes ago, red321 said:

Why Is it local government has to receive 2/3rds majority to get approval for local initiatives?

Prop 13.  It was passed a long long time ago.  Pretty much it makes it so that you need 2/3 for any tax increases.  Also froze property taxes, or made it so that it could be increased only a small percentage a year.  It's really the only thing that keeps California still affordable for some.

Edited by gotbeer

1 hour ago, red321 said:

No. I understand prop 13. My poorly worded question had to do with why is it a bad thing local governments and citizens aren't held to what I consider to be the ridiculous 2/3 majority standard. 

We are talking about California.  If it wasn't for the 2/3 standard, a bunch of retarded taxes would have been passed.  Every year, we'd be increasing taxes by 1-2%, as retarded as this states citizens are, who will complain about the president and taxes, but will ignore the ever increasing state taxes.  Because if it's broke like education, spend more and more money on it to fix it. 

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

We are talking about California.  If it wasn't for the 2/3 standard, a bunch of retarded taxes would have been passed.  Every year, we'd be increasing taxes by 1-2%, as retarded as this states citizens are, who will complain about the president and taxes, but will ignore the ever increasing state taxes.  Because if it's broke like education, spend more and more money on it to fix it. 

A significant challenge the state faces is how inflexible governing the state is - 2/3 mandate for revenue related items, budgeting mandates made by initiative, term limits, etc.

I don't necessarily disagree with the property tax component of Prop 13, though it may be a bit draconian when you consider it ties the hands of a lot of local entities requiring them to consider other sources of revenue to meet commitments.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure one of our wise, common sense lefty judges will toss this lawsuit if it gets filed.

Truthfully, almost every single stupid aspect of our legal system is a product of the left or dumb jurors (who are also going to be lefties). Pretty much every shit-brained legal story you read about involves a lefty. 

• 3 weeks later...