• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Robbers Follow Couple From Hollywood to Upland – NBC Los Angeles

I think this is the 2nd incident in the last month here in California where the robber followed someone a long distance to rob them

This has been a common thing in the Hollywood/Melrose/snobby areas for a bit now.  Since the news people also frequent these areas, it's big headline news now.

San Francisco Target theft suspect arrested for alleged thefts of more than $40G from store

A 41-year-old woman whom authorities described as a "prolific retail thief," is facing numerous charges for allegedly stealing more than $40,000 worth of items from a Target in San Francisco, which has been plagued by brazen thieves pilfering convenience stores, sometimes in the presence of security staff and customers, forcing some to close multiple locations in the city. 

Aziza Graves was arrested at the same Target at the Stonestown Galleria where she is alleged to have been involved in 120 theft incidents. The thefts occurred between October 2020 and November of this year, prosecutors said.

Graves is charged with eight felony counts of grand theft and 120 misdemeanor counts of petty theft. She was caught after Target reached out to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office to request an investigation. 

As part of the alleged scheme, Graves used self-checkout kiosks after selecting merchandise from the Target store, authorities said. She would scan the items and allegedly submit cash payments of $1, or sometimes one cent.

She would then allegedly leave the store with the items without completing the transaction.

23 hours ago, Lhalo said:

California is still in the red by a lot due to CalPERS. They just don't count it on the books.

Speaking of CalPERS https://www.marketwatch.com/story/americas-biggest-pension-fund-calpers-votes-to-reshuffle-allocations-add-leverage-in-bid-to-combat-low-returns-11637256386?siteid=yhoof2

Fear not though, when they under perform return expectations they'll go after taxpayers for the shortfall. 

The University of California, Davis has announced plans to undergo a "defunding" of its police department and will eliminate three vacant officer positions.

According to a UC Davis press release, the university announced it will reallocate funding from the three eliminated officer positions to new positions. The university also said three other officer positions have been "repurposed."

The new positions are a "public safety policy analyst in student affairs; an analyst position to support data, accreditation and transparency efforts within the police department; and a new position dedicated to the Health 34  initiative."

The Health 34 initiative is a new program that trains fire personnel in mental health response in preparation for being dispatched to certain calls.

One UC Davis student, who asked to remain anonymous, told Fox News that defunding the police isn't a good idea.

"There is no reason at all to decrease the number of officers," the student said. "One of the most important features of campus includes the police-run SafeRide system, which helps students get home when they’re drunk or feeling unsafe walking alone at night. In general, due to the amount of partying that takes place in a college town, police have to be active to deal with cases of alcohol poisoning."

Link

Nordstrom ransacked by 80 looters with crowbars, weapons: Witness

About 80 looters in ski masks ransacked a Nordstrom location outside of San Francisco, in a scene described by witnesses as "insane" and like something "out of a movie."  

"We probably saw 50 to 80 people in ski masks crowbars a bunch of weapons. They were looting the Nordstrom's right here. And I thought they were going to start beating cars. I had to start locking doors lock the front door lock the back door," local PF Chang's manager Brett Barrette told KGO.

"There was a mob of people," Barrette added to CBS SF. "The police were flying in. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was insane."

The incident unfolded before 9 p.m. on Saturday evening in Walnut Creek, which is about 25 miles outside San Francisco. A local reporter tweeted footage of the scene and said about 25 cars pulled up outside of the Nordstrom before running in, grabbing merchandise and fleeing. 

That's what happens when you don't make crooks accountable for their actions

Right in Nancy's backyard

Expect to see more of this happening

Coordinated crimes with groups of crooks

Cash rains down on California freeway; CHP, FBI seek to identify drivers who took it

Authorities in Southern California are looking for the drivers who were seen grabbing large amounts of cash that rained down on a freeway Friday morning after the money fell out of an armored truck.

California Highway Patrol (CHP) troopers responded just after 9 a.m. to calls about drivers stopping in the middle of I-5 in Carlsbad to pick up "a large sum on money" that fell into the roadway, FOX5 San Diego reported.

Authorities in California are looking for the drivers who were seen grabbing large amounts of cash that rained down on a freeway Friday morning after the money fell out of an armored truck.

17 minutes ago, Redondo said:

About 80 looters in ski masks ransacked a Nordstrom location outside of San Francisco, in a scene described by witnesses as "insane" and like something "out of a movie."  

"We probably saw 50 to 80 people in ski masks crowbars a bunch of weapons. They were looting the Nordstrom's right here. And I thought they were going to start beating cars. I had to start locking doors lock the front door lock the back door," local PF Chang's manager Brett Barrette told KGO.

"There was a mob of people," Barrette added to CBS SF. "The police were flying in. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was insane."

The incident unfolded before 9 p.m. on Saturday evening in Walnut Creek, which is about 25 miles outside San Francisco. A local reporter tweeted footage of the scene and said about 25 cars pulled up outside of the Nordstrom before running in, grabbing merchandise and fleeing. 

Shoot on sight would really stop the looting. None of these pricks would dare if the knew the store owners could legally gun them down from any hidden location. 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I grew up in the east bay right next to Walnut Creek. Really nice area so sad to see it there.

This isn't Pelosi's district and the article does say they arrested two people so I expect more to follow once names are given up. 

But I agree, shooting them on the spot would go a long way. 

9 hours ago, cals said:

What’s ridiculous to me as someone who isn’t MAGA like you guys is that dudes like the LA DA Gascon didn’t see this coming?  WTF did you think would happen?  There are a lot of terrible people out there and hugs and education aren’t going to turn them into @Taylor.  It’s such an absurdly naive position to take.  And for democrats to embrace it is just another shot in their foot which currently has many holes.

What's ridiculous to me is there are people in California who don't think it is heading in the wrong direction.

1 hour ago, cals said:

Well we currently live pretty well.  We’ve discussed moving out of California but what’s the alternative? Living with a bunch of MAGA morons and anti-vax Karens?  

I understand you're probably pinned down by your law practice.