• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My previous boss was a Black woman who grew up in the projects in Washington Heights.

You ever do what you could to protect her while she was getting jumped by some somoan dudes? You ever console her after a break up?  You ever ditch work with her to go drink beers and watch baywatch? You ever ask for an officers badge number after witnessing unjustified harassment? Did you grow up poor with her? 

Or were you just a subordinate?

I remember when I was a liberal. Strange that the same stances I took then seem to be far more middle of the road leaning right according to political mouthpieces now. Somewhere along the line it seemed to loose its way into the craziness that is the Taylor bot. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

You ever do what you could to protect her while she was getting jumped by some somoan dudes? You ever console her after a break up?  You ever ditch work with her to go drink beers and watch baywatch? You ever ask for an officers badge number after witnessing unjustified harassment? Did you grow up poor with her? 

Or were you just a subordinate?

No, but I had many long conversations with her where she shared her experiences (she's almost 70 now). She's been through a lot in her life. A broken marriage, a daughter dying young of cancer, racial and gender discrimination throughout her life, yet she hasn't come out of it acting like a victim. But she does acknowledge systemic racism and wants to be part of solutions to help others have better opportunities than she did. She's an admirable woman and I admire her faith and strength.

I'm glad you've had the experiences you have, though. The more we can interact with people who are different than us, the better.

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember when I was a liberal. Strange that the same stances I took then seem to be far more middle of the road leaning right according to political mouthpieces now. Somewhere along the line it seemed to loose its way into the craziness that is the Taylor bot. 

Remember when you said I pulled a statistic out of my ass, and then I promptly shared the study proving that I wasn't just making things up, and you never replied? Good times.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

No, but I had many long conversations with her where she shared her experiences (she's almost 70 now). She's been through a lot in her life. A broken marriage, a daughter dying young of cancer, racial and gender discrimination throughout her life, yet she hasn't come out of it acting like a victim. But she does acknowledge systemic racism and wants to be part of solutions to help others have better opportunities than she did. She's an admirable woman and I admire her faith and strength.

I'm glad you've had the experiences you have, though. The more we can interact with people who are different than us, the better.

Systematic like public schools making Hispanic kids take a literacy exam just to start kindergarten?

On 10/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, Taylor said:

Remember when you said I pulled a statistic out of my ass, and then I promptly shared the study proving that I wasn't just making things up, and you never replied? Good times.

You needed a pat on the head or something?

Calif. school board head caught on hot mic after parent’s speech

The president of a California school district was caught cursing on a hot mic during a school board meeting Tuesday after a parent gave a speech knocking masks in classrooms and COVID-19 vaccination mandates for students. 

Lauren Roupoli, who called herself a concerned parent, addressed the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education and spoke about the problems with enforcing a mask mandate among students. 

She gave a fiery speech—even calling out one of the board members by name-- before she questioned the wisdom of giving the vaccine to children. Her belief is that any possible benefit is far outweighed by the risks.

She accused one board member of criticizing parents for voicing their legitimate concerns and drew applause when she said, "We are vocal because we are our children’s biggest advocates."

Her comment apparently did not sit well with Marlys Davidson, the board’s president, who was picked up on a hot mic saying, "F--- you," during the applause. 

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

The president of a California school district was caught cursing on a hot mic during a school board meeting Tuesday after a parent gave a speech knocking masks in classrooms and COVID-19 vaccination mandates for students. 

Lauren Roupoli, who called herself a concerned parent, addressed the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education and spoke about the problems with enforcing a mask mandate among students. 

She gave a fiery speech—even calling out one of the board members by name-- before she questioned the wisdom of giving the vaccine to children. Her belief is that any possible benefit is far outweighed by the risks.

She accused one board member of criticizing parents for voicing their legitimate concerns and drew applause when she said, "We are vocal because we are our children’s biggest advocates."

Her comment apparently did not sit well with Marlys Davidson, the board’s president, who was picked up on a hot mic saying, "F--- you," during the applause. 

she should've just said "let's go brandon".

On 10/28/2021 at 4:08 AM, Redondo said:

Public Servant