• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Even City Council races can get weird

Former Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore is a candidate for City Council in Las Vegas Ward 6, where I reside. One of her campaign flyers invited people to her house for dinner next Wednesday (even gives the address). For those unfamiliar, Ms. Fiore is a hard-line Second Amendment rights advocate (no restraints on the type and number of firearms that you can own), and she makes a big point of reiterating this in her campaign literature. What this has to do with City Council is lost on me, since as far as I know there have been no moves on the Council to restrict firearms. She also pushed open carry laws on our college campuses. 

She stopped just short of saying that the Cliven Bundy family would have been justified in shooting federal agents in their standoff over grazing rights on federal land. She also traveled to Oregon in support of the people who forcibly took over federal land and were involved in a long standoff.

This is the 2015 Christmas card that she sent to friends. She is the blonde in the middle.

Michele-Fiore.jpg

But guns will define her career. Last month, she greeted the Paris attacks with a tweet to fellow Americans: “Be Aware & Armed, CARRY YOUR GUN.” She later threatened to fly to Paris and shoot Syrian refugees “in the head”. In 2014, she supported a Nevada rancher Clive Bundy in a confrontation with US federal agents. “Don’t come here with guns and expect the American people not to fire back,” she said. She has also lobbied for a bill to allow students to carry concealed weapons on campus.

Fiore's brilliance on health care:

Take for example Fiore’s far-fetched notion that cancer is a fungus that can be cured by saltwater, a kind of pseudoscience head-scratcher that makes climate change denial look like reasoned rocket science.

“If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing with, say, salt water, sodium carbonate, through that line and flushing out the fungus,” Fiore said on her radio show Walk the Talk in early 2015. “These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.”

She got elected to the State Assembly. Like most people of her ilk, she has ambitions that far outstrip her ability (or intelligence). She was soundly defeated in a run for Congress, so at least there is that. My fear is that she will get enough votes on name recognition alone to be elected to the Council. At present there are ten candidates for the spot,  most are political unknowns. One is the wife of the current Councilman, who is out due to term limits.

58 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea, exactly the same.   <rolls eyes>

this thread started with a picture of someone with extreme views. someone else posted a trump picture in response to the idea of how could someone like that appeal to so many. i posted the pic of hillary for the exact same reason. she was a seriously flawed candidate, like trump, and she was more of the same ol' status quo candidate. i didn't find anything appealing about her.

For the record, the only photo that I posted was the Christmas card of former Assemblywoman Fiore. I didn't compare her to Trump or anyone else.

Ms. Fiore doesn't compare to anyone I know, progressive or conservative. Gun rights dominate her life, to the point that she supports people who violate federal law and forcibly seize federal land, as long as they are carrying guns. By her own admission, the only reason that she tried to talk the Oregon holdouts into leaving is that she didn't want another radical gun nut to be shot (which would have been rather ironic). She considers criminals to be heroes, as long as they share her unbridled love of guns.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Remember tank, you have a right to their opinion only.

That's not unfair or anything :-/ .  I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to completely discount conservative opinions on this forum.  If have it's not my intention.  I do respect and understand conservative view points.  Though I clearly disagree with many of them.  Sometimes strongly.  Come on MT, the conservatives on this forum absolutely give as good as they get from the louder liberals (I don't think I'm that loud)  I don't even know how I've been drawn into this argument  in this thread.  I've barely said anything !