• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Republican Health Care

4 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Speaking of Republicans and health care, this is wonderful to think about:

http://www.businessinsider.com/house-gop-employers-demand-workers-genetic-test-results-2017-3

Doesn't matter who is running the asylum, our personal rights continue to be stolen.  F U GOP.

Always look to Snopes.

What's true:  H.R. 1313 would allow employers to offer substantial health insurance premium rebates to workers who take part in company wellness programs that may include submitting to "health risk assessments."

What's false: HR 1313 does not allow employers to force all their workers to submit to genetic testing.

I don't really see that as different than the article, though. The article points out the intention of using the testing, but as an "optional" part of the coverage. While employers wouldn't be able to force the test, employees would be stuck in a higher pool without. 

It would not allow hiring/firing decisions, it seems, which would still be covered under ADA.

9 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I don't really see that as different than the article, though. The article points out the intention of using the testing, but as an "optional" part of the coverage. While employers wouldn't be able to force the test, employees would be stuck in a higher pool without. 

It would not allow hiring/firing decisions, it seems, which would still be covered under ADA.

The headline of the article is bullshit, though.  "The House GOP is pushing a bill that would let employers demand workers' genetic test results"

"Demand workers genetic test result?"  No.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

The headline of the article is bullshit, though.  "The House GOP is pushing a bill that would let employers demand workers' genetic test results"

The headline is BS. If they'd change it, the whole thing would be spot on. It's still concerning.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

So... you're saying that someone is using a headline that conflicts with the rest of the message, just to drive eyes to the story?

Get the f*ck outta here!

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Always look to Snopes.

What's true:  H.R. 1313 would allow employers to offer substantial health insurance premium rebates to workers who take part in company wellness programs that may include submitting to "health risk assessments."

What's false: HR 1313 does not allow employers to force all their workers to submit to genetic testing.

We all know Snopes is unreliable.

7 hours ago, colt4405 said:

I've worked for companies who do this. Works out great. Everyone turns into a healthier/happier non-smoker. Submit to the blood testing, heart rate, BMI, etc and you get your healthcare for close to free. Fail and you're stuck paying the general rate 50-100 per pay period.

I've grown to hate the media. I'm no conspiracy theorist, I believe the media is driven by the almighty dollar, but it's really fucking up both sides of the story.

So fake news, right? 

trump-thumbs-up-stupid-fucking-hat.jpg

My belief is that the Republicans have misjudged the opinions of the American public on the Affordable Care Act. They believed that they had convinced everyone that it is such a total piece of crap that repealing it would be enough to satisfy most people, and they didn't need to have a concrete plan for replacement (despite Trump's claims during the campaign that he had a superior plan ready to go). In particular, the provisions ensuring coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing children to remain on their parents' policy until age 26 have been very popular. The ACA is definitely a flawed program, and it needs to be fixed. Handing control of our health care system back to insurance companies is not the answer, though.

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Breaking: Congressional Budget Office releases its cost estimate of the Republican health care plan.

It will cut the budget deficit by $337 billion over the next ten years, but 21 million more people will be uninsured by 2020.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/03/13/breaking-cbo-n2298086

The Republicans only have themselves to blame for this one 

I am not a fan of the Republican plan but I am also not a fan giving stuff away.  Insurance should be available and it should be affordable.  The ACA did a fine job of making it affordable for low income but it was screwing the middle-class, as usual.

The mandate is a joke.  

Like I have said in previous posts, this process should have taken a year and a half.  The goal should have been to have a replacement in before the 2018 elections.  That would have at least given enough time to come up with something thoughtful.