• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Republican Health Care

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump warned House Republicans Tuesday if they can't pass health care legislation after seven years of promises it could be a "bloodbath" in the 2018 midterm election, according to one member present in the meeting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politics/donald-trump-health-care/

Yes, if the GOP gets smashed, it will be all their fault.

How in the world are the Republicans so thoroughly screwing the pooch on something that they've had 3/4 of a decade to work on?

It was the crux of their platform for years.

Not days.

Not weeks.

Not months.

Not a year.

Not two years.

Not three years.

Not four years.

So, so many years.

Idiots.

Well, in fairness to the GOP, some of the sections of this bill were passed at various times by the House but then killed in the Harry Reid Senate.

The main flaw that I see in this bill is the attempt to preserve key elements of Obamacare while also letting market forces dictate the insurance market. I don't know if you can really have it both ways. Either gut the whole thing and let the markets decide, or provide a single payer plan that covers everyone.

I'm very skeptical of the assertion that premiums will go down substantially with this current deal. It's more likely the whole thing will implode at some point, and the Republicans will be left holding the bag.

10 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

How in the world are the Republicans so thoroughly screwing the pooch on something that they've had 3/4 of a decade to work on?

It was the crux of their platform for years.

Not days.

Not weeks.

Not months.

Not a year.

Not two years.

Not three years.

Not four years.

So, so many years.

Idiots.

To be fair, nobody knew it would be this complicated.

At this point I'm not even sure Ryan and co. want to replace the ACA. After years of sloganeering the harsh reality has set in...governing is hard, especially when your core beliefs are really nothing more than...I'm against whatever the other side wants.

A lot of old's are starting to realize they got conned.

Holy moly...when you fill the bag with shit and light it on fire...you aren't supposed to be holding it.

Both sides of the aisle are infested with paid for shills. I would never expect anything good to come out of congress without some sort of caveat or pork barrel BS. 

Here is a link to the only good piece of legislation I've seen so far since the election. The bill has one line.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861/text

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

There seems to be a rush for some people to scrap the ACA, kind of like the rush to create it. I'm OK with this taking a year or more to be redefined since the hurry to create a national health plan turned out so poorly. 

Yep, Ryan and co. rushed it through, no doubt. This mania to get everything done in the first 100 days is not healthy. The New Yorker has a good analysis:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/paul-ryans-health-care-vise

Forced to navigate House Republican politics, the lobbying pressure from the insurance industry, and the obscure rules of the budgeting process, Ryan has produced a bill that nobody would ever propose as a sane solution to the problems with Obamacare. Its only chance is speed. If Ryan can rush and muscle it through the House and Mitch McConnell can do the same in the Senate, it might end up on Trump’s desk. But the more scrutiny this House bill is subjected to, the more likely it is to share the fate of most efforts at health-care reform and die somewhere on its journey to the Senate, and perhaps long before then. If his health-care-reform effort fails, Ryan himself may not survive as the House leader.

new development...the Freedom Caucus composed of about 40 conservative House members are preparing their own bill which is a clean repeal of Obamacare. They have the power to kill Ryan's bill if they hold together as a group.

This will be a real test of Ryan's leadership and of Trump's presidency. I can't imagine they will get any health care bill if they don't get this one. What a mess.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm very skeptical of the assertion that premiums will go down substantially with this current deal. It's more likely the whole thing will implode at some point, and the Republicans will be left holding the bag.

Nothing goes down over time..nothing. The people that expected premiums to go down with the ACA were naive and if they think they will go down with Trumpcare they're being even more gullible. Healthcare premiums were going up every year before Obamacare was even an idea. My health insurance went up almost every year for ten years before Obamacare. What are cons going to say when premiums start going up under their plan? And they will because nothing goes down. They'll probably blame Obama. 

The problem is that Obamacare just needed to be tweaked a little but Republicans politicized it to the point that they can't go back now. They had numerous opportunities to help build a good system but they choose to obstruct healthcare at every turn because that was their plan..obstruct everything Obama and the Dems came up with. The Republicans have been fighting things like SS, Medicare, and Obamacare for over 75 years. If they had their way they'd get rid of all of those but they know there would be serious political ramification if they did. So now they are going to completely ruin what could have been a decent healthcare system all in the name of politics. Millions are going to lose their plans but Trump and the Republicans will claim things are better. A potential of 20 million people could lose their benefits under Trumpcare so I suppose that would be better to cons, the only thing they'd like more would be to throw everyone off and just call their Obamacare replacement "drop dead granny care". 

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

new development...the Freedom Caucus composed of about 40 conservative House members are preparing their own bill which is a clean repeal of Obamacare. They have the power to kill Ryan's bill if they hold together as a group.

This will be a real test of Ryan's leadership and of Trump's presidency. I can't imagine they will get any health care bill if they don't get this one. What a mess.

People are really missing it here, Republicans don't want comprehensive healthcare reform, they never have and they never will. Republicans didn't want SS or Medicare either. Any plan the Republicans come up with will likely reduce benefits and leave people with plans with less coverage than Obamacare provides and at the same time millions will lose all of their coverage!

The Republican Party is going to own a yuuuge disaster called Trumpcare that will send millions back to the emergency rooms to seek healthcare.

It's a mess of the Republicans doing..they own health care now!

Agree for the most part...ACA was not meant to be an end state...it was the first step in a long process to revamp how healthcare was paid for and delivered. In a functioning government, shortcomings in the existing law would have been addressed. Instead Republicans decided to go all in on repeal from day one, death panels, job killer, worst thing that ever happened to the country, etc. etc. That left zero room for actually sitting down and trying to improve the healthcare system and it's what makes it nearly impossible for the Republicans to come up with an alternative, because the ACA is very similar to what they were proposing pre-Obama.

Democrats need to stand up in unison and demand that the Republican healthcare plan provide insurance premiums that never go up. They also should demand a perfect solution to Obamacare because that's what they always seem to expect. The Dems need to continue to demand this until the Republicans deliver it! The Republicans are great at demanding perfection but lousy at providing any. So this should be their time to shine and show America that Trumpcare will be the panacea they dream of...they own it now!

14 minutes ago, cezero said:

a $275 billion tax cut for the uber rich

this is a gutting of medicaid more than anything else

The only good thing that will come out of this is that the Republicans will eventually choke on their own vomit. That's figuratively of course. 

A lot of olds should be coming to that realization as well. I'm guessing my mother in-law, who lambasted Obama from her Medicare paid hospital room because "Obama was getting government involved in her healthcare", is probably getting an uncomfortable I've been had feeling.