• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Republican Health Care

It's still going to be a mess. I think Rand Paul said it best:

“Still have not seen an official version of the House Obamacare replacement bill, but from media reports this sure looks like Obamacare Lite!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/new-details-emerge-on-gop-plans-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare/2017/03/06/04751e3e-028f-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.86ede6632c6f

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just stop fining people for not buying healthcare. I'd be happy with that at this point.

I heard on NPR that the mandate is gone but insurance companies can impose penalties for lapsed coverage. And of course the all-encompassing Republican fixall of tax credits

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

It's still going to be a mess. I think Rand Paul said it best:

“Still have not seen an official version of the House Obamacare replacement bill, but from media reports this sure looks like Obamacare Lite!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/new-details-emerge-on-gop-plans-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare/2017/03/06/04751e3e-028f-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.86ede6632c6f

mr. paul should know by now that they have to pass it before they read it.

what and idiot.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

mr. paul should know by now that they have to pass it before they read it.

Well, despite all the hubbub over that with the ACA, pass before analysis/budget scrutiny is the Republican strategy here. It's not a big deal anymore, apparently.

10 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Well, despite all the hubbub over that with the ACA, pass before analysis/budget scrutiny is the Republican strategy here. It's not a big deal anymore, apparently.

I think plenty of middle of the road cons are not comfortable with not knowing what is in it before is it passed.  

Nobody wants to take the pledge here.  Too easy to pick the low hanging fruit instead of having real discussion.

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think plenty of middle of the road cons are not comfortable with not knowing what is in it before is it passed.  

Nobody wants to take the pledge here.  Too easy to pick the low hanging fruit instead of having real discussion.

I agree. I think that this plan is a freaking disaster based on what I've heard. I don't think the ACA is the bee's knees, but this sounds like so much more of a screw job.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Speaking of low hanging fruit, holy shit:

“The American people deserve to see what Republicans are trying to do to their health care.” - Nancy Pelosi

Yeah, she's silly, but that's a total distraction. The Republicans are being everything any of them ever accused Obama and the Dems of vis a vis the ACA and then some. Totally deceitful, but because of partisanship and fatigue not enough people will give a crap about this.

The insurance companies are going to love the part about being able to attach a 30% penalty to the premiums of those who let their coverage lapse and then want to be reinsured.

Americans are not going to love it so much, however. The whole thing looks like a mess at first glance, as Chuck Schumer said this morning.

20 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

"Repeal and replace" is intellectually bankrupt. Obamacare is shit policy but it's about as good as it's gona get if your goal is maximizing coverage and not blowing up the whole system. 

If that's what they really want -- then single payer is the way to go.  The GOP won't ever go that route but it's the one that would likely be the most efficient.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If that's what they really want -- then single payer is the way to go.  The GOP won't ever go that route but it's the one that would likely be the most efficient.

Isn't that kind of blowing up the whole system?

The whole point of Obamacare was to extend coverage as much as possible without putting the insurance companies out of business. Im not big on conspiracy theories but I can be persuaded to believe that this was designed to inevitably force the adoption of single payer. We see it already, the republicans are too afraid to actually repeal the law, and their banal attempts to 'fix' it will ultimately lead to a future democratic majority being forced to address it.