• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bob Woodward - "sequester is the fault of GOP Congress"

Or not.

"The president and Jack Lew had this (saying it was the GOP's fault) wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

The president came up with the idea, Congress approved it.  Now they're both spending the last few days trying to point the finger at the other guy instead of trying to avoid it.  Then the cuts will kick in, and both sides will blame the other side.  

America.  **** yeah.

On their Facebook page, the White House keeps posting these sad little tear-jerker pictures of soldiers and poor people and school children about how this and that will be cut because of the sequester. I told them tonight to send these pictures to members of congress since they're the ones who actually vote on these things.

Or not.

"The president and Jack Lew had this (saying it was the GOP's fault) wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

I'm glad Woodward was able to so subtly work in a reference to the book he just wrote.

You mean The Price of Politics from the good folks at Simon & Schuster?

Man, somwhere in my blog (check it out at http://tin00can.wordpress.com/!) I wrote about how disgusting this type of thing is.  Really, you should read my blog about it.  I hate it when people do things like that just for publicity for their shitty blog book.

I would figure all those Libertarians out there would be happy with all the cuts that will take place...

They didn't cut anything. they just chose not to fund things that still exist. so the end result is that average Joe workers get told they have to take a 1 day a week furlough that results in a 20% pay cut. The disastrous results of the sequester turn out to be no big deal to the people who created it. This is what you can expect when the people who make the decision affecting your life do so with no real impact on their lives.

I know a lot of people view the sequester as a bad thing, but let's face it... The only bad thing about sequestration, is that it's not cutting enough money. More cuts need to be made, taxes need to be raised across the board, and maybe we can slowly chip away at this deficit instead of slipping deeper and deeper. Every citizen needs to bite the bullet for the good of the country. If you don't want to help America, then get the hell out of my country.

I know a lot of people view the sequester as a bad thing, but let's face it... The only bad thing about sequestration, is that it's not cutting enough money. More cuts need to be made, taxes need to be raised across the board, and maybe we can slowly chip away at this deficit instead of slipping deeper and deeper. Every citizen needs to bite the bullet for the good of the country. If you don't want to help America, then get the hell out of my country.

Look up how many military bases are here and you might get a hint as to why I'm in Japan. I help my country out by working for a smaller paycheck than 75% of Americans. And I'm still willing to pay more in taxes. Everyone has to do their part, otherwise we're reduced to nothing.

that's easy to say when your food and shelter is being paid for. 

Bottom line is you don't know how much anyone has given to this country so it's really hard to tell anyone they haven't given enough.  Also, as has been noted by others.  You shouldn't feed an animal that will only keep eating and never learn to control itself.  This government has absolutely lost any voice, right or however you want to put it to ask for more from people.  They have spent, squandered and mismanaged every dollor given them for the last 60 years.

I watched most of the Fundraiser-In-Chief's press conference/pr campaign this morning.  It was ingenious.  In his comments, he stated that althgough the economy is on its way to a healthy recovery (huh?!) the sequestration will have a negative effect on employment and the economy in general in the next several months.

Pretty smart to build in that excuse well ahead of time.  So, when/if unemployment numbers go up, the Fundraiser-In-Chief can say, "see, I told you this would happen.  It's not my fault.  Blame Congress...now you'll excuse me as I'm late for my appearance on Letterman.  Anyone know if Clooney can do dinner tonight?"