• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FFS, Politicians

the amount of tax returns i look at on a daily basis, everyone that is rich uses the same loopholes and hides as much as possible. why people want to verify what they know is beyond me.

i'm actually the opposite, if someone doesn't know or use the same loopholes to keep more money in their pocket, it's sketchy to me. too much info out there to not be somewhat knowledgable about finances.

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Because it could prove that he has financial ties to particular countries that could influence his policy decisions. Yeah yeah yeah, Clinton Foundation. 

probably the third time i've posted here in a month and one of the reasons i don't is because all three or so times someone has quoted me and wrote "but the other side..." even though i don't care nor ever brought up another political party.

i don't know why that is the go to these days.

https://news.vice.com/story/gop-secret-obamacare-bill

Sen. Rand Paul was joined by House Democrats in a literal treasure hunt through the Capitol Thursday in search of House Republicans’ Obamacare replacement bill. They didn’t find it.

It was a rare bipartisan stunt, inspired by the unusual secrecy surrounding the GOP’s bill. On Wednesday, Bloomberg reported the bill was being kept in a reading room in the Capitol and only available for members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee and their staff to read, in an attempt to avoid leaks to the press.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Sen. Rand Paul was joined by House Democrats in a literal treasure hunt through the Capitol Thursday in search of House Republicans’ Obamacare replacement bill. They didn’t find it.

It was a rare bipartisan stunt, inspired by the unusual secrecy surrounding the GOP’s bill. On Wednesday, Bloomberg reported the bill was being kept in a reading room in the Capitol and only available for members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee and their staff to read, in an attempt to avoid leaks to the press.

In other words, they don't have one

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Ha. what a friggen joke. and just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I could just see them giggling to eachother as they ran down the hallways 

they're just embarrassing themselves now. 

Nicolas Cage needs to get on this.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's becoming painfully obvious that the republicans are not going to improve health care

I linked an article in the Obamacare thread.  With the direction that Trump is going.  In California, medicare for all looks like a possibility now.  And the article did bring up a good point.  In Canada, they didn't start with national medicine or whatever they call it.  It started in one province, and then the other provinces slowly adopted it.  So California might just be the first step or guinea pig I guess.

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I linked an article in the Obamacare thread.  With the direction that Trump is going.  In California, medicare for all looks like a possibility now.  And the article did bring up a good point.  In Canada, they didn't start with national medicine or whatever they call it.  It started in one province, and then the other provinces slowly adopted it.  So California might just be the first step or guinea pig I guess.

Just because everything California does is awesome 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:58 PM, Blarg said:

He has financial ties to foreign countries. I don't think there is a billionaire in the world that isn't globally connected.  That is neither illegal or nefarious. 

It is unconstitutional when you are President of the United States.

Trump is getting payments from foreign governments. We have no idea what they are.

Consider the countries we know are making payments to Trump companies through state-owned entities, payments that affect Trump’s wealth: China and the United Arab Emirates, both at the heart of regions critical to U.S. foreign policy. Then consider the longer list of countries in a position to benefit him because of business relationships Trump has, including India, Indonesia, Turkey, the Philippines, Great Britain and Vietnam. This is just a beginning sketch of what we know so far; Russia, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan reportedly may also be involved with Trump businesses. The benefits come from a range of relationships: The Qatari state airline pays rent at the Trump Tower in New York; entities in Britain, Bulgaria, Brazil, Indonesia and Vietnam reportedly make licensing payments for the rights to produce local versions of “The Apprentice,” Trump’s reality TV show; his developments in India require governmental permitting, which under the law would be a forbidden benefit.

Each of these countries, and possibly more, now has a direct mechanism to attempt to influence the president. What’s more, every time Trump makes a foreign policy decision that relates to any of these countries, citizens will wonder whether he, like Charles II, put his own financial interest ahead of American jobs, or whether he is engaging in or refraining from military action because of a business relationship

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sorry but I couldn't find that clause in the Constitution, can you show me where it is?

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 8

Emoluments Clause

Similarly, the Framers intended the Emoluments Clause to protect the republican character of American political institutions. "One of the weak sides of republics, among their numerous advantages, is that they afford too easy an inlet to foreign corruption." The Federalist No. 22 (Alexander Hamilton). The delegates at the Constitutional Convention specifically designed the clause as an antidote to potentially corrupting foreign practices of a kind that the Framers had observed during the period of the Confederation. 

On 3/3/2017 at 8:33 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 8

Emoluments Clause

Similarly, the Framers intended the Emoluments Clause to protect the republican character of American political institutions. "One of the weak sides of republics, among their numerous advantages, is that they afford too easy an inlet to foreign corruption." The Federalist No. 22 (Alexander Hamilton). The delegates at the Constitutional Convention specifically designed the clause as an antidote to potentially corrupting foreign practices of a kind that the Framers had observed during the period of the Confederation. 

Name one president in the last 100 years who hasn't accepted a present from a foreign state.