• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The buck stops...over there.

Glen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ryan-owens-seal-raid_us_58b58852e4b0780bac2d58c6

Yes, I know, HufPo.  Because of that, I'll provide a few choice quotes so you don't have to click the link.

Asked about the matter during an interview with Fox News’ “Fox ‘n’ Friends,” Trump repeatedly said “they” were responsible for the outcome of the mission, in reference to the military.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

Presidents have traditionally accepted responsibility for their decisions, no matter the circumstances. President Harry Truman popularized the words, “The Buck Stops Here” and kept a sign of the phrase on his desk in the Oval Office. His successors took those words to heart, accepting ultimate responsibility in the wake of some of the nation’s biggest mishaps. 

“I’m the president. And I’m always responsible,” President Barack Obama said in 2012 following an attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans died.

“In case you were wondering, in any of your reporting, who’s responsible? I take responsibility,” he said again in 2010 after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're never a failure until you blame until you blame your failures on someone else. The president should take accountability even if it isn't his fault. 

Do you do that at where you work, take the blame of someone else's incompetence? 

Do we know there was incompetence?  I just don't know enough about this particular incident but thousands of soldiers have died in the Middle-East.  I am guessing this incident was singular in some way since this death is being given more importance than others.

Regardless, the buck always stops at the person who gave the final ok.  Always.

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Do you do that at where you work, take the blame of someone else's incompetence? 

If it something that I am overseeing, yes. My subordinates will be held accountable as well. I should have been more clear. It's a leaders job to take responsibility. Blame and responsibility are different things