• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One Month In

What are your thoughts on Donald J. Trump's presidency thus far?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Donald J. Trump's presidency thus far?

• I am very pleased. He is making America great again!
    • I am moderately optimistic about the decisions he's made.
    • Neutral
    • I am pretty skeptical of his decisions and antics, but I'm not ready to say the sky is falling.
    • It's been a total disaster. Impeachment/25th amendment plz.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm actually glad they aren't rushing it and are thinking it through biding their time because they have no idea how they're going to replace it with something that doesn't screw over tens of millions of more people.

Fixed.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm actually glad they aren't rushing it and thinking it through biding their time because they have no idea how they're going to replace it with something that doesn't screw over tens of millions of more people. have no clue how to fuck over millions of people without taking the blame.

fixed 

He's come through on his promises he made in the campaign.  Sometimes a bit heavy handed.  But that is his negotiating style.  Shoot for the moon, even if you are happy with a piece of dirt on Earth. 

He does need to stay off of Twitter, and really only speak when needed, and preferably from a teleprompter. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

He's come through on his promises he made in the campaign.  Sometimes a bit heavy handed.  But that is his negotiating style.  Shoot for the moon, even if you are happy with a piece of dirt on Earth. 

He does need to stay off of Twitter, and really only speak when needed, and preferably from a teleprompter. 

I'm fine with Twitter and communicating with the public. It's the substance of his tweets that needs to change

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

What exactly has he come through on? Yes, he promised to be a douche...and he certainly has done that in spades.

Outside of that, what has he come through on? 

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

What exactly has he come through on? Yes, he promised to be a douche...and he certainly has done that in spades.

Outside of that, what has he come through on? 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/15/donald-trumps-top-10-campaign-promises/

From this sites list of top 10

1.  Yes, in theory.  Again, I think this is more of a negotiating tactic.  But he is following through with it, or at least starting the process.

2.  Yeah, he's doing his best in whatever way.  Again, this is when he is a bit heavy handed.  He really needed a more diplomatic solution. 

3.  Data for the first month of his presidency is that manufacturing data is up for the first time in I think 6 years.

4.  Not in effect yet, but the 20% tariffs is what is being thrown around.  I think this is more in connection with #5.

5.  He's already threatening to leave NAFTA and the TPP.  Although he does seem to be wavering a bit, especiall with TPP.  NAFTA looks like it's as good as dead though.  Canada seems to already be aiming to negotiate their own deal, that seems to address 2, 3, and 4.

6.  Already in the works, they just have to figure out a replacement.

7.  Hasn't been addessed yet.

8.  So far he has left it alone, and says he will.  But too early to call this one.

9.  He still says he will.  But again, won't know till closer till this years tax season closes.

10.  Hasn't even addressed this one yet.  Don't know if he will.  It's like he wants to make the military stronger, but the more he talks, the more it sounds like he wants to get out of the world police business and make other countries up their own defenses.

I once held the vain hope that once he took office, he would be less of an arrogant bully, at least outwardly. Anybody who dares to challenge him on anything is "the enemy", even though this is part and parcel of being President of the United States. He seems more worried about taking golfing trips to Mar-a-Lago (at taxpayers' expense) and Nordstroms dropping Ivanka's clothing line than about solving any national problems. He has managed to alienate several of our allies, and he seems to believe that he can govern through intimidation. His cabinet appointments have been a long string of campaign donors and corporate hacks. He has excluded the Joint Chiefs of Staff from the National Security Council unless he decides that he needs them. He detests any opposing viewpoint, which means that he will surround himself with yes-men rather than people who will help him arrive at a well-informed decision. The total fabrication of events to support his beliefs is particularly disturbing. He doesn't have the knowledge to run the country on his own, but he has surrounded himself with people who will be of no help. The truly sobering thing is that he is too arrogant to admit what he doesn't know, and he will charge ahead regardless.

I haven't seen anything yet that hasn't been even worse than I feared.

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/15/donald-trumps-top-10-campaign-promises/

From this sites list of top 10

1.  Yes, in theory.  Again, I think this is more of a negotiating tactic.  But he is following through with it, or at least starting the process.

He has done nothing in regards to making Mexico pay for it, the biggest of his campaign promises, at the moment we are stuck paying for a wall we don't want. 

2.  Yeah, he's doing his best in whatever way.  Again, this is when he is a bit heavy handed.  He really needed a more diplomatic solution. 

He was bitch slapped by the courts

3.  Data for the first month of his presidency is that manufacturing data is up for the first time in I think 6 years.

Manufacturing tends to be long lead cycle...so any jobs brought back at this point aren't due to Trump.

4.  Not in effect yet, but the 20% tariffs is what is being thrown around.  I think this is more in connection with #5.

So, I'll take that as a he hasn't come through on yet

5.  He's already threatening to leave NAFTA and the TPP.  Although he does seem to be wavering a bit, especiall with TPP.  NAFTA looks like it's as good as dead though.  Canada seems to already be aiming to negotiate their own deal, that seems to address 2, 3, and 4.

So, I'll take that as he hasn't come through on this yet

6.  Already in the works, they just have to figure out a replacement.

He promised full repeal day one, so I'll take this as a hasn't come through on this yet

7.  Hasn't been addessed yet.

8.  So far he has left it alone, and says he will.  But too early to call this one.

I'll give him credit on this so far

9.  He still says he will.  But again, won't know till closer till this years tax season closes.

10.  Hasn't even addressed this one yet.  Don't know if he will.  It's like he wants to make the military stronger, but the more he talks, the more it sounds like he wants to get out of the world police business and make other countries up their own defenses.

I'll just take this as he was talking out of his ass and doesn't actually want to be considered a war criminal

So, in review...he hasn't actually come through on any of his campaign promises as of yet

A reality TV star was elected President so I expected a shit show and, so far, I haven't been disappointed.  Hard to tell if America has had such a magnificently depraved, mentally compromised, ethically unconcerned, and constitutionally ignorant President in its history.  Sure, a few have touched one or two of those categories, but all four?  He's alone...truly bigly

50 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

Option 4 was the closest to my view. I'm very skeptical but I don't think the sky is falling... yet.

I take solace in the lulz for the time being.

I believe the sky will fall but I don't want him impeached. Live with it. I'm the dad who told you not to do it but you did so I'm gonna make you drink the whole 12 pack, smoke the whole pack of cigarettes but you're still getting up and 7 tomorrow morning to mow the goddam lawn.

We still have not gotten past a really bad fundamental issue regarding the Russian involvement in our election process, and how do we keep it from ever happening again.  Related to that one is the serious reluctance to criticize anything Russian by this administration, even though the list of transgressions is very long.  There are a few really hot international security issues that you have to take a strong hand on in order to create respect from our adversaries - North Korea, China, Iran, Russia, and ISIS.  I can see Trump getting shoved around by these characters more than taking an upper hand.  He hasn't taken a strong position with any of those stiuations yet.  The faster he gets out of the trivial stuff he comments on through Twitter and campaign rallies, and onto the serious stuff the better I will sleep at night.