• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Political Gallery

Chuck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/16/2017 at 10:15 PM, gotbeer said:

I wonder what that kid would say if you showed him those old punch card. 

When I was at the University of Florida, we used to register for classes by going to the basement of the registration building and picking up a punch card for every class we wanted to enroll in. If all the cards were gone, the class was full.

The first computer that I used with any regularity ran CP/M and had eight inch floppy drives. We were cooking with gas when we installed a 10MB hard drive. It also had an attached card reader for data entry.

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The first computer that I used with any regularity ran CP/M and had eight inch floppy drives. We were cooking with gas when we installed a 10MB hard drive. It also had an attached card reader for data entry.

That must have taken up a lot of room!
pietro-zanarini-ravenna-future-lessons-2015-4-638.jpg

^^ ^ Reminds me of this scene in Groundhog Day:

Rita: Believe it or not, I studied 19th-century French poetry.

Phil:  What a waste of time!  I mean, for someone else that would be an incredible waste of time. It's so bold of you to choose that. It's incredible; you must have been a very very strong person.

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

That must have taken up a lot of room!
pietro-zanarini-ravenna-future-lessons-2015-4-638.jpg

My freshman year, what few computers existed took up an entire room, and data processing majors carried reams of fanfold paper printed with endless lines of binary code that I couldn't make any sense of. My Android is probably more powerful.