• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Political Gallery

Chuck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I would argue with this vehemently,

we would just rather help on our own

I don't think Jesus would allow for a distinction between "our own" and "not our own."

But anyway, what I see happening is people pointing to homeless people as an argument for not giving aid to foreigners or immigrants. It's essentially a deflection argument.

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think Jesus would allow for a distinction between "our own" and "not our own."

But anyway, what I see happening is people pointing to homeless people as an argument for not giving aid to foreigners or immigrants. It's essentially a deflection argument.

Not “our own”, “on our own”

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Not “our own”, “on our own”

Ah, got it. 

The talking point tends to be, "We can't give any government assistance to refugees/immigrants because we have homeless people/homeless vets on the streets." Therefore, the person is implying that government assistance should be used to help homeless Americans. But then, in another breath, they'll say it's not the government's job to assist the poor. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Ah, got it. 

The talking point tends to be, "We can't give any government assistance to refugees/immigrants because we have homeless people/homeless vets on the streets." Therefore, the person is implying that government assistance should be used to help homeless Americans. But then, in another breath, they'll say it's not the government's job to assist the poor. 

You are speaking in sweeping generalities