• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where would we be without Frieri?

Frieri will convert his share of saves given the opportunity, as he has shown, but I get wary of his tendency to walk batters. If we had the luxury I would like him in the 7th or 8th inning (depending on the situation) to compliment Burnett. Definitely like the guy, especially what he did the first month or so after the trade. He would be a weapon facing the meat of the order regardless of inning.

Frieri will convert his share of saves given the opportunity, as he has shown, but I get wary of his tendency to walk batters. If we had the luxury I would like him in the 7th or 8th inning (depending on the situation) to compliment Burnett. Definitely like the guy, especially what he did the first month or so after the trade. He would be a weapon facing the meat of the order regardless of inning.

Agreed. LOVE the guy.  He doesn't get enough credit.  I think if we had a real closer, we'd have leads all set going into the BP.

I don't count Jerome as a set reliever more of a swing guy 5th starter. He is more valuable in that manner and could be later trade bait for the same use by another team.

Old man, you make more sense when you write words.  I agree.  However, we can't afford to trade Williams as our BP stands now, can we?

KRod's saves were a rollercoaster but they got results.

The Angels didn't like KRod's (or his agent's) negotiating tactics, so he signed elsewhere.

But you can't argue that the closing role has been a mess since he left.

As for Frieri, I feel he can be an effective closer. He proved that for a couple months last year. I ultimately see Madson being the setup man with Frieri closing out games.

Though it's easier being a dyck and putting this up instead.... When I disagree....Just go easy. Quite a few of us have changed up the Name Game since the move. I've even seen posts wondering if I came over.... shhhhhh...Don't tell anyone~

b6woxs.gif

:D

Ah, you edited it.  I didn't say that because you disagreed.  Anyway, it was a compliment.  I know that senility can take it's toll.

Mancini, I just don't see Jerome (hopefully) having a roll if all the stars align in the next month or so. I think he would be worth more to us around the trade deadline to move him to the NL for some bullpen future talent.

It looks like Sosh agrees with you seeing how Jerome has been utilized this season. But I'm just looking at numbers, and Jerome has been getting the job done when given the chance.