• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sharing your faith is soon to be a crime in the military

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/01/Breaking-Pentagon-Confirms-Will-Court-Martial-Soldiers-Who-Share-Christian-Faith

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”. 

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith. 

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military. 

I certainly trust anything that comes from Breitbart. 

After a minute of exhaustive research on the Fox News report, here is what the hullabuloo is about: "Pentagon officials met with Weinstein and his group were to discuss a policy called “Air Force Culture, Air Force Standards,” published on Aug. 7, 2012.  Section 2.11 requires “government neutrality regarding religion.  "Leaders at all levels must balance constitutional protections for an individual’s free exercise of religion or other personal beliefs and the constitutional prohibition against governmental establishment of religion,” the regulation states.  Military leaders were admonished not to use their position to “promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion.”

Wow, that's horrible! 

Another non-story. 

So is this some sort of actual change in policy, a potential change in enforcement or outright fear-mongering?

For instance: are Mormons (servicemen or not) allowed to go door to door on base?

I have no idea, honestly. 

Service men would not go door to door, only full time missionaries who wear the white shirt and name tag do that, but since they are not military they cannot be court-martialed. 

agree that proselyzing shouldn't be allowed, but if this prohibits people of faith from having prayer or bible study together, i find that to be a huge infringement.

I am struggling with this comment tank.  Is it your opinion that Christians in the military should not follow the Great Commission? 

MT I am not sure what alternate reality you live in but most employers do not allow religious conversions to be part of the workforce. It steps on too many peoples rights and also can be considered harrassment, especially if done by a superior.

I work for a fortune 100 company.  There is no policy about people talking to each other about religion.  I've worked a lot of jobs, not one of them had a policy like that.  I have numerous friends who are Christians who work in all fields and none of them have said they are not allowed to talk to others about their faith. 

I do agree that a superior should not do that, as a manager I do not share my faith with my employees.