• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ricketts Says He'll Move Cubs

He wants to build a scoreboard in left field when he revamps Wrigley Field.

"The fact is that if we don't have the ability to generate revenue in our own outfield, we'll have to take a look at moving -- no question,"

I highly doubt this happens.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/22172104/cubs-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-new-scoreboard-plans-blocked

Did he say he'd move the team out of the stadium or out of the city? It doesn't look like he is talking about leaving Chicago. He's just talking about leaving Wrigley. And while it obviously won't happen, it would probably be for the best. That park is too old. Time to start over.

Ricketts wants a Jumbotron and scoreboard.

Rooftop beer garden-bbq owners don't like the idea of trying to sell beer and bbq, while looking at the back of his Jumbotron.

Rickettts will win.

Ricketts wants more night games.

Neighbors don't.

Ricketts wins again.

Ricketts wants to put a few hundred million into upgrading Wrigley.

All of Chicago wins.

The stadium needs infrastructure and cosmetic upgrades. But putting up a giant jumbotron scoreboard is a bad idea. A large reason why I enjoyed Wrigley was viewing the city skyline and sights and sounds of the game on the field. There are no loud speakers blaring music and no scoreboard trying to sell me cars and soda. It's like a time capsule in that stadium and should stay that way.

The stadium needs infrastructure and cosmetic upgrades. But putting up a giant jumbotron scoreboard is a bad idea. A large reason why I enjoyed Wrigley was viewing the city skyline and sights and sounds of the game on the field. There are no loud speakers blaring music and no scoreboard trying to sell me cars and soda. It's like a time capsule in that stadium and should stay that way.

Unfortunately they could benefit from the extra revenue that uprgades could bring.   If it meant a winner, they'd all fall in line.