• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"This was the worst call by far."

This was the worst. Everybody is talking about it. The worst. This is a call they're going to talk about for years, they say it may be the worst they've ever seen. I know its the worst. You know its the worst. Everybody knows its the worst. It is, it really is. But thats okay. We are going to have the best trade deals folks, we are, we really are. Its going to be bigly. 

My understanding is that they are refugees, not illegal immigrants. Of course, to His Royal Trumpness, they're all the same - like the four-year-old Iranian girl who had everything in place for life-saving heart surgery in the US until she and her family were stopped in Dubai on the way over by Trump's travel ban.

We're already the world's police. Do we have to be the world's hospital too?

Enough with the bleeding heart bullshit. How many Americans aren't receiving the healthcare they deserve so that citizens of foreign countries can come here and receive it instead?

I'm sorry that Iranian girl is suffering but the responsibility for her health lies on her country, not ours. 

44 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Enough with the bleeding heart bullshit. How many Americans aren't receiving the healthcare they deserve so that citizens of foreign countries can come here and receive it instead?

I'm sorry that Iranian girl is suffering but the responsibility for her health lies on her country, not ours. 

But capitalism?  I thought free market is what makes our healthcare so great?  Isn't that why Canadians come over the border for medical operations?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/02/obama-administration-australias-deal-called-for-special-interest-refugees.html

here is Fox's article on the situation. If this is accurate, I find this to be pretty infuriating. Why do we have a "one time special arrangement" to take on these refugees? This is fucking crazy if accurate. I don't blame Trump for having a. "Heated" conversation. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Man, listen to yourself.  What makes you think that any public money is being spent.  What makes you think that any american is losing out on anything because of something like this ?  Who cares if she comes here for a surgery.  Theres no evidence that they'd be staying.  Do you seriously begrudge a toddler medical treatment because she's a foreigner ?  seriously this is a new one for me.  Apparently people coming here for life saving surgery is now an unbearable burden.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

But capitalism?  I thought free market is what makes our healthcare so great?  Isn't that why Canadians come over the border for medical operations?

Capitalism and the free market would improve our healthcare if given a chance. Im not sure what that has to do with people who aren't citizens of this country. 

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Man, listen to yourself.  What makes you think that any public money is being spent.  What makes you think that any american is losing out on anything because of something like this ?  Who cares if she comes here for a surgery.  Theres no evidence that they'd be staying.  Do you seriously begrudge a toddler medical treatment because she's a foreigner ?  seriously this is a new one for me.  Apparently people coming here for life saving surgery is now an unbearable burden.  

I'll bet you $100 dollars right now that the girl gets excellent treatment even though being denied entry to the U.S.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I hope she does.  She's a child.  Which is apparently lost on you.  Theres no reasonable explanation for whatever your issue is.   Its shameful.

I hope she does too. My issue is that there is too large of a safety risk for people to be let into the U.S. from many countries in the Middle East and North Africa at this point in time. I believe that Saudi Arabia and Qatar should be on the list of blocked countries as well. 

I will admit that the bashing of Iran is something I disagree on with Trump. They could be a crucial ally in the Middle East to fight ISIS and Al Qaeda. 

27 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I hope she does too. My issue is that there is too large of a safety risk for people to be let into the U.S. from many countries in the Middle East and North Africa at this point in time. I believe that Saudi Arabia and Qatar should be on the list of blocked countries as well. 

I will admit that the bashing of Iran is something I disagree on with Trump. They could be a crucial ally in the Middle East to fight ISIS and Al Qaeda. 

how does a child coming here for surgery with her parents represent any kind of safety risk ? It seems to me that we have had a fine system in place for dealing with temporary medical visits.  I don't disagree with the idea that we need to have strong vetting systems in place when considering the immigration of people from troubled regions in the world.  Obviously regions that have hostile elements towards us especially.  If they want to re format the system so be it.  The main issue is that the execution of the executive order was a horrible shit show.  People with green cards being denied ? Valid issued visas ? people cleared to seek medical treatment ? its crazy man.  I'll also point out that I can't recall an instance of an Iranian national coming over here an engaging in any idealogical/religious violence.  A quick google search doesn't turn anything up either.  

I'll agree with you that if theres any country that needs to be part of serious restrictions its Saudi Arabia.

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Awesome. We'll put you on the list of supporters for government provided and funded health care. Of course, with a statement like that I'm sure you're already there.