• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Definitely traded the wrong power hitter

I was way off the trumbo bandwagon. Thank god I'm not a gm.

Meh, youre not alone. Half of this board would have killed their first born to sign crawford a few years back, thought napoli for wells was good, and torii was done after the first half of 2011. Im sure some will go back to hating trumbo as soon as he hits a bad 2 weeks and morales has a good series anyway. 

I am pretty sure anyone on the team could teach Hamilton a thing about hitting in general.  Starting with pitch recognition of a change-up from a right hander and a curveball from a left hander. 

That isn't true, with Hamilton or any hitter of his caliber, it's always mental. They don't need lessons, they need shrinks. I'm sure without even looking at a stat, that Hamilton (many times in his career) was one of the best at hitting balls out of the zone, (because of his bat-speed and power, naturally) and that's exactly what's getting him in trouble, now he's trying to press by hitting the un-hittable. Change-ups, lefty righty, doesn't matter. Pitchers haven't "figured Hamilton out", that always cracks me up. Like any pitcher WAS EVER feeding Hamilton fastballs on purpose. Never. If he doesn't start taking balls like he should be, they'll have to nibble those corners and he will crush those corners.

Guaranteed

Get a shrink Hamilton, Jesus can't help you. 

And I got nothing against Jesus.

I could be wrong but Trumbo did decent for a few weeks after the home run derby last year. I really don't believe that was the cause.

His performance immediately following the HRD really has nothing to do with it. Think about the consequences long-term, such as how his swing and approach stayed the same (even while he was struggling!) from August until basically a week or two ago.

Approaching pitches that way may not effect you immediately, as you can still be partially effective when you have a mind set where you're doing a good job focusing on the ball. What we're referring to is the long term effects of the HRD, where the approach he used all season was no longer working into August and beyond. The HRD swing and approach hampered his ability to adjust to the changes pitchers were making when they threw to him.

I would not suggest Trumbo hit in the HRD again.

his apparent back problems were much more likely the cause of his struggles than anything having to do with the HR Derby.

I'm not sure how one can conclude that the HRD effected his approach or swing or hampered his ability to adjust but it took a couple weeks afterward for it to fully take affect.

His swing has been the same, his approach not so much. It's a rather large stretch to jump to that the HRD affected his ability to adjust to swinging at good hittable pitches or had any affect on his hitting whatsoever.

I've never understood the theory that the HRD messes with a  player's swing. It's just a glorified batting practice. I would say that  fatigue and hotter temps during the 2nd half of the season is the real cause of any slump.

I also think the myth is partially propped up by guys going on unprecedented for them power streaks before the break, and coming back to earth later.