• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What IS a good news source?

Glen

Finding a reliable source is very tough these days. I still trust PBS, and NPR (to an extent). I rely on news only to give me the facts, I avoid op-ed and other blatantly partisan pieces. I absolutely loathe publications that preach to the choir rather than give the facts.

At this point.  Weekly World News.

Yahoo and Google are the one's that I get the compiled news from, but the validity of the news is sometimes very questionable. 

When an article is written by an Associated Press person or even Reuters, I usually like more.  They are more independent journalists, and I just feel they are more neutral and report the actual news.  And because they are independent journalists, I just feel their word is more important, because if they really do false news, or extremely slanted news, their name would become tarnished, and they won't be able to sell their stories. 

For international perspective I go with BBC News. For the US it is a crap shoot and at best take most with a grain of salt considering the news is a for profit service so competition is what drives the narrative. It always has but as of late with the dwindling printed paper service, staffs have been reduced and less resources allocated to compensate for the lack of advertising revenue. Text based news needs to catch interest more since you can get your news from any source rather than local delivery or news stands. A whole different dynamic these days.

17 hours ago, Glen said:

Is there any website that we all can agree is legit?  Serious question.

Serious, though, what do you mean by "legit?" I'm not sure if all can agree on a site that is legit, if there are different definitions of legit.

I would also say that there is an "un-bias fallacy" - that is, that one can be unbiased. I have no problem with a news source being biased if they are open about (e.g. Young Turks). What bugs me is the fake "we're not biased" BS (MSNBC).

5 hours ago, Adam said:

This is a good question. There probably are some good ones out there but the waters have been so muddied. I'm not a news junkie and I'm pretty content with MSNBC.com, which seems nothing like the news channel

So it's less racist?

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

i occasionally like to watch OAN (one america news). very straightforward with their info, and hardly any commentary or opinion pieces.

OAN called the election for Trump at 177 electoral votes at 9pm pacific time while all of the other networks refused to budge from 144 after midnight.

OAN was the flip of CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS in that they were pro Trump the whole way but in the final analysis the other major networks drug their heals on announcing Trump the victor even though they had the exact same elections results in front of them.