• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iPhone 7 announcement thread

red321

I expect this to be a very underwhelming announcement...which kind of sucks because I may need to upgrade my phone and cascade my old one because the daughter dropped her new phone in the toilet. And before you start with the Note/Galaxy...I use one of those for work and can't stand it....photo software (planning) and my camera integration is much better on my iphone, and it syncs up with my laptop and ipad.

blah blah blah...the camera looks pretty cool though. The 7 plus has two lenses which means optical zoom (nice) and also allows them to treat the image as a lightfield image similar to what lytro was doing...meaning you can adjust focus and depth of field after the fact.

In english...better ability to create bokeh

In elementary school english...think of those photos where the person is in focus and the background is blurred. Most phones and small cameras can't do bokeh at all, or if they can not all that well. Usually takes a big lens. Demo they showed on a software update later this year was pretty slick...almost hmmm....maybe I want to get that....slick.

That was my original plan (wait until next year), and still might be...even if it's...THE GREATEST IPHONE THEY'VE EVER MADE

Spoiler

(according to Apple).

If the kid hadn't screwed up her phone and needed a new one it would be a no brainer to wait. Now it's just deciding how much whining I want to listen to and will the camera convince me to just go ahead and do it.

3 hours ago, red321 said:

and now they officially announce they got rid of the headphone jack...dicks

This sounds awesome in theory.  And I've had a bluetooth headset for a while for those train rides.  Very convenient not to be tethered.  It's when the batteries die since you forgot to recharge them, that those wired sets come in handy. 

I just don't get the rational for getting rid of the port.  Make the phone's thinner?  Man, they are already pretty thin.  I think this more is more to boost up Beats than anything. 

Just another accessory that wasn't needed, that will get lost.

In any case, next years Galaxy s8 will be the one to watch, with the rumored foldable screen.  If it even comes out. 

Overall though, someone needs to innovate something.  LG and the Moto's modable was a good attempt.  Just lacking on the mods. 

29 minutes ago, nate said:

It still comes with wired headphones they just plug into the lightning jack instead of a 3.5mm jack.  It isn't a big deal.  The adapter to go from 3.5mm to lightning costs $9

Sure...but you can't use headphones and charge at the same time in that scenario...and as mentioned, how quickly are folks going to lose that cable.

Apple has stated they removed it because it was "analog" and they needed the space. I think they couched it in a marketing term of "courage".

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

Sure...but you can't use headphones and charge at the same time in that scenario...and as mentioned, how quickly are folks going to lose that cable.

Apple has stated they removed it because it was "analog" and they needed the space. I think they couched it in a marketing term of "courage".

Apple just demonstrated why people hate the tech industry

Since you brought up "courage".  This is what this person thinks is the correct word.

In the end all their bellyaching and opinions is shit because Apple absolutely dominates the competition.

Remember they were the first ones to get rid of serial ports, and floppy drives, and cd drives, etc.  It has worked well for them.  USB is an Apple invention.

17 minutes ago, nate said:

The courage thing is funny and so dickish.

There is an adapter that lets you charge and use a 3.5mm jack at once or also a dual lightning adapter for charging and using lightning at once.

They are definitely pushing people toward wireless.

Ah, the double adapter would be fine.

In the long run I think it's fine, just an annoyance for 12 months or so. If it improves the phone, then it's a good thing. I've read it might be tied to water proofing.

The article is funny...I agree the word courage was stupid...but people want innovation. They moved from the old iphone 4 to lightening connector and we all survived.

43 minutes ago, red321 said:

Ah, the double adapter would be fine.

In the long run I think it's fine, just an annoyance for 12 months or so. If it improves the phone, then it's a good thing. I've read it might be tied to water proofing.

The article is funny...I agree the word courage was stupid...but people want innovation. They moved from the old iphone 4 to lightening connector and we all survived.

In the end, I think you are right.  This is apple, and they need to control everything.  They couldn't control the Aux jack, so they got rid of it so that people have to pay for their products. 

But they are masking their bottom line with falsehoods that people are falling for.  The aux jack will make the phone thinner.  Iphone 6, 6.9 mm.  Iphone 7, 7.1 mm.  The aux jack will make it more waterproof.  The Galaxy S7 has a aux jack, and is rated IP68.  Where the Iphone 7 with no aux jack is rated IP67. 

7 hours ago, nate said:

It still comes with wired headphones they just plug into the lightning jack instead of a 3.5mm jack.  It isn't a big deal.  The adapter to go from 3.5mm to lightning costs $9

which means you can't charge your phone and listen to music thru your earbuds.

7 hours ago, nate said:

In the end all their bellyaching and opinions is shit because Apple absolutely dominates the competition.

Remember they were the first ones to get rid of serial ports, and floppy drives, and cd drives, etc.  It has worked well for them.  USB is an Apple invention.

And every time, Apple screwed the customer over.

There's a lot of niche peripherals that rely exclusively on Serial Ports, Firewire, USB, etc that will never be replaced or upgraded.  red321 could relate to this -- my friend shot thousands of rolls of 120mm slide film.  He purchased a very high end scanner some years ago that uses Firewire ports, which were somewhat exclusive to Apple computers.  He now has to retain an older Mac in perpetuity because a newer 120 scanner of that caliber will never become reality.  Interface issues are bound to happen with any piece of technology, but in his case, Apple ditched Firewire within a couple years of buying the scanner.

5 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

And every time, Apple screwed the customer over.

There's a lot of niche peripherals that rely exclusively on Serial Ports, Firewire, USB, etc that will never be replaced or upgraded.  red321 could relate to this -- my friend shot thousands of rolls of 120mm slide film.  He purchased a very high end scanner some years ago that uses Firewire ports, which were somewhat exclusive to Apple computers.  He now has to retain an older Mac in perpetuity because a newer 120 scanner of that caliber will never become reality.  Interface issues are bound to happen with any piece of technology, but in his case, Apple ditched Firewire within a couple years of buying the scanner.

Most PCs made up until around 2012-13 had firewire ports.  Technology changes.  My new PC doesn't have ps/2 ports.

And high end scanners from 10 years ago can't even come close to the resolution of a $150 USB scanner you buy today.