• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Richards (elbow) has been cleared to begin a throwing program

Robrock30

I hope it works out for him and the Angels, but I think it might have been smarter to go the surgery route and shoot for a strong 2018 season before hitting free agency. I did notice; however, that baseball reference has him hitting free agency after 2019 where everywhere else they say after 2018.

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

Richards' age right now works against him taking two seasons off. Heaney and Tropeano are both younger and will come back at a reasonably young age. I hope it all works out for Garrett. If it works out for Garrett, it works out for the Angels.

Tommy John was 31 when he had the very first UCL reconstruction surgery, and he returned a year or so later and pitched for an another 13 years.

58 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Anyone know how often this shit is actually successful? I feel like it's a ticking time bomb and he's bound to have the same injury sooner rather than later.

I haven't been able to find much info 

what you mean to say is later rather than sooner, and that's what we're all afraid of.

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

obviously i hope for his full recovery, but i'm just not a believer yet. i fear that it's going to blow up in his face early next year.

I think another possibility is that he comes back and doesn't get hurt again but is just not very effective....lacks crispness and bite with his pitches.....pretty fine line between mediocre and effective stuff....we'll see...cross fingers....risky move....

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Anyone know how often this shit is actually successful? I feel like it's a ticking time bomb and he's bound to have the same injury sooner rather than later.

I haven't been able to find much info 

I think Tanaka is the only one who opted not to have TJS and go this route. I'd say that was pretty successful. His overall performance after coming back isn't quite as good, but it is hard to say if that is just the league figuring him out a bit. His FB velocity is a tad down this year, but it was actually a bit higher last year than before his injury.

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think Tanaka is the only one who opted not to have TJS and go this route. I'd say that was pretty successful. His overall performance after coming back isn't quite as good, but it is hard to say if that is just the league figuring him out a bit. His FB velocity is a tad down this year, but it was actually a bit higher last year than before his injury.

G Rich could lose 20 on his fastball and still slot in next to shoe on this staff

Pulling for him. Hes a good dude and the team needs him. Would prefer he takes his time getting back though

6 hours ago, John Smith said:

Garrett Richards threw from about 45 feet today, didn't want to "baby it" and said everything "felt normal"

This might be the dumbest thing ever. Dude chill out you have about 9 months to get on a baseball field there is no reason to rush anything. Slow your roll kid.