Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Angels renew stadium talks with Anaheim after striking out in Tustin


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I don't think the Angels can move anywhere close by -- Tustin was their best bet and, perhaps, downtown LA (at one time) but that looks lost now and the Dodgers would have never allowed it -- they probably couldn't stop it through MLB (because the Angels are, in fact, the 'second' LA franchise) but through the LA city council which, presumably bleeds blue enough to block any possible Halos move back closer to their original field - Wrigley Field - downtown LA.    

right now, the City of Anaheim has little incentive to offer up much to the Halos -- the Halos have now shown they can't move and need to extend this year as 2019 end of lease opt out time is approaching -- no way Halos could find a place to play by 2019 unless it's Dodger Stadium and that really didn't work out well for the Halos last time and it's simply not even an option..........so the Halos -- coming down the stretch with a .400 record and a lot of empty seats for the August/ Sept. home games don't have much leverage.

I expect a status quo type extension for five years or so with neither side committing much of anything in improved amenities for the ball park - perhaps a standard annual CPI index increase on the stadium lease..........l

lot of comments about how the new LA Dodgers ownership is 'doing it right' -- well, one thing those comments are forgetting is that to get all the revenue the Dogs need to 'do it right' they're doing their die-hard fans and all baseball fans in the greater LA region a true dis-service with the TV contract that got the Dodgers all that money and will continue to give them revenue (which they will need to replace lost fans) as most plain folks fans in the LA basin can't watch a Dodgers game on TV.......what I find amazing is that with no Dogs on TV, the Angels TV ratings have remained static and have not increased much with Dodger fans tuning in to at least watch a local game.......Angels picked a lousy time to play door mats......if Angels were in contention I gotta believe Dodger fans turn on the radio (or mobile device) listen to the Dogs game and watch the Halos games.........anyway, true baseball fan would.

 

Theres not a chance in hell any other city in Orange County offers the Angels any type of money. Arte will either build his own stadium or he will sign the extension in 2019 and the stadium will be just older. By that time Arte will more than likely sell because he won't want to pony up the dough to build a new stadium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Widen and deepen the Santa Ana river for yacht access. Put in a new marina and waterpark. Pray for rain. #Artesyacht.

#fucktherocks

Just rename them LAnaheim angels and everyone is happy I should sell my ideas, not just give them away for free

Kevinb -- true -- and, really, does anyone see Arte 'building his own stadium' on City land in Anaheim?  NO.

Angels are stuck there -- and it's probably for the best as the Anaheim location with the freeway access makes it the best venue available ---

if the Angels and the City could get along -- they could probably build a great newer version ballpark along the lines of Safeco or AT&T following the trend sort of started in Baltimore with Camden Yard -- but that's not reality in Anaheim and a status quo extension likely the outcome..........and while the ballpark isn't new and sort of pales in comparison to some of the newer era parks -- it's not a terrible place to play either...........

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Kevinb -- true -- and, really, does anyone see Arte 'building his own stadium' on City land in Anaheim?  NO.

Angels are stuck there -- and it's probably for the best as the Anaheim location with the freeway access makes it the best venue available ---

if the Angels and the City could get along -- they could probably build a great newer version ballpark along the lines of Safeco or AT&T following the trend sort of started in Baltimore with Camden Yard -- but that's not reality in Anaheim and a status quo extension likely the outcome..........and while the ballpark isn't new and sort of pales in comparison to some of the newer era parks -- it's not a terrible place to play either...........

Its not a terrible place to play but its also not a great place to watch a game either. After going to some other ball parks even in the state like you said AT&T and Petco Angels stadium comes in at a distant 3rd. But hey its better than watching a game in Oakland or at the Ravine so were doing something right. My curiosity is going to be where the Dodgers end up playing and how soon they build a new stadium with the truck load of money that ownership team has. I don't see them staying in the Ravine much longer they are gonna wanna get in on some of that down town LA scene. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Its not a terrible place to play but its also not a great place to watch a game either. After going to some other ball parks even in the state like you said AT&T and Petco Angels stadium comes in at a distant 3rd. But hey its better than watching a game in Oakland or at the Ravine so were doing something right. My curiosity is going to be where the Dodgers end up playing and how soon they build a new stadium with the truck load of money that ownership team has. I don't see them staying in the Ravine much longer they are gonna wanna get in on some of that down town LA scene. 

The Dodgers just renovated their stadium...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Theres not a chance in hell any other city in Orange County offers the Angels any type of money. Arte will either build his own stadium or he will sign the extension in 2019 and the stadium will be just older. By that time Arte will more than likely sell because he won't want to pony up the dough to build a new stadium. 

Arte doesn't need to sign anything. His lease doesn't run out until 2029 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

In case you don't know.  Even for rentals, usually someone buys first. 

As for Stadium Lofts.  Just a quick google search, and according to one agent, no units are currently available for sale.

And according to Zillow, the median home price for Anaheim is currently at $563,000.  So I still don't think that at $200,000, units would sit around long. 

Unless you would like to contribute any kind of data to say otherwise.

missed this earlier, got. no, I don't have any data saying otherwise. that's why I asked - and included "(honest questions) . I'm not at all familiar with the Anaheim real estate market. 

btw, this took me less than two minutes to find: 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1801-E-Katella-Ave-APT-2151-Anaheim-CA-92805/79815075_zpid/

http://www.trulia.com/property/3235206256-1801-E-Katella-Ave-1143-Anaheim-CA-92805

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1801-E-Katella-Ave-Apt-2057_Anaheim_CA_92805_M26376-70406

speaking of data, I haven't actually seen any data on any of the claims being made here. " there have been studies done that show.... " isn't data. I'd be interested in reading some of the studies/data people are referring to here.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CALZONE said:

 

I think Arte would sell to avoid paying for stadium renovations or having to sign Trout for $400M.

 

He was willing to pay 240 million for a guy that wasn't a home grown Angel.  I think you're deluding yourself if you really believe he wouldn't pay Trout.  For all we know he's not spending now to make certain he can do what it takes to keep him around when that time comes...  I dunno, Im guessing... I have no insight into what he's thinking, I just don't think he's the moron he has suddenly become in everyone's eyes and IMO it would take a real moron to sell a team to avoid paying a guy like Trout.  But maybe you know him better than the rest of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

At the pressor Pujols said he was going to help us win a championship. 

Still waiting.....

 

This has absolutely zero to do with the stadium deal.  Honestly Claude for a good guy you have become such a troll.  

Can you even have normal conversations about this team?

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time the stadium contract expires in 2029, the infrastructure of the stadium will basically be 63 years old. If Arte sells the team before that time, the new owner will take this into account heavily price wise. For Arte to maximize his selling price, he will need to have something concrete in place for beyond 2029. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

By the time the stadium contract expires in 2029, the infrastructure of the stadium will basically be 63 years old. If Arte sells the team before that time, the new owner will take this into account heavily price wise. For Arte to maximize his selling price, he will need to have something concrete in place for beyond 2029. 

 

True. But its not like prices for professional sports franchises are going down. It might be stabilizing a bit but they are definitely on the upward trend. No matter if Arte sold today or in 10 years from now, there is only one thing for certain he is going to make a killing. What a hell of an investment of 160 something million dollars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

This has absolutely zero to do with the stadium deal.  Honestly Claude for a good guy you have become such a troll.  

Can you even have normal conversations about this team?

When he is struggling to climax he just thinks of a world without Albert, that works every time.  The hatred is so ridiculous, he is a villain instead of an overpaid player.  I wish I was passionate about something like this, but alas I am normal.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 5:49 AM, Inside Pitch said:

He was willing to pay 240 million for a guy that wasn't a home grown Angel.  I think you're deluding yourself if you really believe he wouldn't pay Trout.  For all we know he's not spending now to make certain he can do what it takes to keep him around when that time comes...  I dunno, Im guessing... I have no insight into what he's thinking, I just don't think he's the moron he has suddenly become in everyone's eyes and IMO it would take a real moron to sell a team to avoid paying a guy like Trout.  But maybe you know him better than the rest of us.

Ive been wondering that myself personally. I wonder if its the pending 500 mill trout contract and maybe another big fish in 18 hes saving his pennies for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been wondering that myself personally. I wonder if its the pending 500 mill trout contract and maybe another big fish in 18 hes saving his pennies for. 

Paying Trout 500 million would be insane. You're paying for past performances. Just because Trout is one of the best baseball players in the world doesn't mean it's smart to be paying him 50 mil a year when he's 35 years old. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Paying Trout 500 million would be insane. You're paying for past performances. Just because Trout is one of the best baseball players in the world doesn't mean it's smart to be paying him 50 mil a year when he's 35 years old. 

Trout was very impressed with the youth on the Yankees. When asked if he would like playing closer to home he simple said..."I don't know, I can't comment.

Arte's not going to pay Trout $400M-$500M. Somebody else is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Did he really say that?

Yes he did.......here's more. 

 

They're all young stars," Trout told NJ Advance Media on Sunday before the Angels' 2-0 win over the Yankees.

The Millville, N.J. native who still spends his offseasons in South Jersey was dead serious. He's that high on catcher Gary Sanchez, right fielder Aaron Judge, first baseman Tyler Austin and the two rookie pitchers who started the final two games of the series, Luis Cessa and Chad Green.

"They're good for the game," Trout said. "When younger guys get opportunities, you like to see them take advantage of it."

Perhaps Trout will play with these youngsters down the road. He's only in the second season of a six-year, $144.5 million contract that includes a full no-trade clause, but the 52-72 Angels are on pace for a 94-loss season that would be the franchise's worst since 1980 despite having a record-high payroll of more than $164 million.

"It sucks for sure, but we've got a good front office," Trout said. "We'll see what happens.

What Yankees fans would love is Trout patrolling center field someday in a lineup that includes Sanchez, Judge and perhaps a few of the organization's best prospects, the likes of outfielder Clint Frazier, shortstop Gleyber Torres and second baseman Jorge Mateo.

Trout responded with a crooked smile when he was told Sunday that Yankees fans want him badly. 

"I know," he said. "I hear it all the time."

He hears the same thing from fans of the other two clubs close to home, the Phillies and Mets.

Trout has been a superstar since debuting in the majors in 2011, but he's still a young man at 25.

Does he ever see himself wanting to play closer to home?

As you'd expect, Trout wouldn't touch that question.

"I don't know," he said. "I can't comment."

Regardless, Trout thinks the Yankees' future will be bright.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But that's not how anyone answers questions. 

Trout's a good guy. If he leaves he's still a good guy. His contract left his options open when the time comes. If he's still at the top of his game he'll probably choose free agency and decide where he wants to spend the rest of his career with his wife and maybe children. Good for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...