• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Officially Official 2016 Defending Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos Thread

Spirit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2016 at 7:49 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Rivers is a gamer and a good QB and I respect him in those regards but he whines so damn much.  I like seeing Denver beat SD more than just about any other team and they needed this one to stay ahead of KC in what's currently the best division in the NFL.     

Unknown.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So I was unable to check the score for over an hour after Denver went up 24-16 while KC was at about mid-field at the 2 minute warning.  Not only did Denver end up losing but it looks like they did it in epic fashion deciding to go for a 62 yard FG with about a minute left in OT which gave KC great field position which they turned into the game winning FG that went in off the upright.  I get playing for the win but I imagine that one will definitely be questioned.  Instead of coming away with the W or even a tie they're now in 7th in the AFC, 1-3 in their division and they play Tenn (6-6), KC (8-3), NE (9-2) and Oakland (9-2) over their last 5 games.   Congrats to KC and glad I was out of pocket and didn't get to watch the meltdown. 

I don't mind that they went for the FG in OT as much as how they let them score the TD and XP in regulation. No point getting too invested in the rest of this season if they can't fix the RT and LG spots to protect better and run a little bit. Might be time For Kubiak to abandon the zone blocking and evolve his philosophy on offense.

On the positive side it looks like they have a receiving TE and the younger DBs are stepping it up.

surprisingly good game. i thought houston and miller were going to get 10 sacks each.

i'm still up in the air about the fg. they said he was possible for 60, but the kick was 62. i knew if he missed the chiefs would go down and win. they see the kicker more than i do to know if he can make that kick. i don't think any of us wanted a tie, which i think was likely if den punts. i thought santos blew it at first and looked away in disgust until the announcer said it was good.

i think that oak game you guys are at, right? problem for both of our teams is the raiders play some pretty mediocre teams, but play us both so we have a little bit of the destiny in our own hands while needing some help from each other.

actually just heard them say something that none of us would think about or do:

denver up 17-16, chiefs out of timeouts with ~3:00 on the clock. on that 3rd down play where simien tossed it on the blitz and the receiver caught it and ran it in for the td, if he would have just fell down at say the three yard line, between getting everyone getting up to the line and the three kneeling downs, denver could have ran out the clock.

granted, hindsight is 20/20 and i doubt anyone thinks about that or does it....if i'm the wr i'm thinking 6 points.

just something unique that was brought up that i wonder if will ever evolve to players as a thought process....like an advanced version of falling in bounds to keep the clock running.

• 2 weeks later...

The offense is bad and they need to address the O-line this off season.  They have the worst point differential in the NFL in the 1st quarter and the offense rarely seems to get anything going until the second half when they're playing catch up.  On the first play of the game they get a 9 yard completion and needing only 1 yard they go 0-2 on the next 2 pass plays.  Booker completely missed a block on third down that led to a sack so in comes Forsett on the next drive who fumbles on his first carry as a Bronco which was his first lost fumble since 2009.  To be fair to Forsett he looked like the better back as both a runner and blocker.  I didn't watch the entire game but early on there were a few times it looked like Booker was going to get the 2-3 yards they needed for a first down and he went down at first contact.  He also doesn't seem to be as explosive when holes do open up and his only success seems to be when he runs behind blockers who are moving down the field.  I realize you guys probably saw more of the game than I did so I don't need to give an overview rather it's me venting at how inept they were on offense in the first half.  I'm glad I didn't watch the second half so I could see Derby fumble it away on the last drive.  I didn't have huge expectations this year but unless they can get something going in the running game I can see them losing their next 3 and finishing 8-8.