• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Servais > Scioscia

Chuck

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If he is responsible for the demise would you agree he was responsible for its glory years?  2002-2009?

Did I not mention that he's now obsolete? His teams are consistently unprepared in Spring Training. We got smoked again at home on Opening Day at home and his team playoff preparation in 2014 was terrible. His job has been spared numerous times.

17 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Isn't this his first year as a manager? what a dumbass argument

What a dumbass argument to suggest that a first year manager of a third place team is better than a manager who wins the World Series  (second or third year) won four or is it five division titles and I believe only two losing seasons in over q5 year career.  

Have Servais do something before comparing him to Scioscia.

Scioscia's playoff record has been bad.  I believe there were two if not three years where we lost to a team worse than us.  The year of the squeeze, the year Arod hit the home run off of Fuentes and 2014 where the offense couldn't get it going at all. 

57 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Servais just started so that's a really dumb question. But Ned Yost has won more playoff games the past 2 seasons than Sosh has won since 2002.

Slight difference. KC is built very well, while the competition is at best equal. Who else is a powerhouse right now? The Rangers maybe, not really anyone else.

That being said, can anyone honestly say, as fun as the 2000s were, that we were the best built team, or at least built as well as the competition?...we're we built as deep as the Sox or yankees? No, we werent.

I don't say that to defend scoscia. But while the Sox were batting jd drew 7th against us, we were batting Macier izturis 5th and OC 3rd against them... The few years we were built deep, like 09, we were in it...the yanks were just in it more. (08 was a choke job). They beat everyone, not just Sosh that year. Like the Sox in 04, chisox in 05, Sox in 06, etc

Sosh has his warts, but it's been a lot more of a combo of bad front office moves...in the glory years, Vlad masked mostly weak offenses. No way you can't speculate what another motor bat, especially in that Era  (what GA was supposed to be before arthritus) would have meant. We either made the playoffs or just missed it every year for 6 years or so. In that time we traded for 2 months of text to back vlad....anyone else? Not talking nice pieces added along the way, I'm talking about making moves to counter what the competition was doing.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Ned Yost must be a cutting edge manager, who is humble and confident, that understand the sabermetric side of the game at its highest level.  Either that or he has a really good bullpen.

I sure hope the Halos are building a strong pen for the future.    Outside of 2014, it's been mostly mediocre since 2009.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Slight difference. KC is built very well, while the competition is at best equal. Who else is a powerhouse right now? The Rangers maybe, not really anyone else.

That being said, can anyone honestly say, as fun as the 2000s were, that we were the best built team, or at least built as well as the competition?...we're we built as deep as the Sox or yankees? No, we werent.

I don't say that to defend scoscia. But while the Sox were batting jd drew 7th against us, we were batting Macier izturis 5th and OC 3rd against them... The few years we were built deep, like 09, we were in it...the yanks were just in it more. (08 was a choke job). They beat everyone, not just Sosh that year. Like the Sox in 04, chisox in 05, Sox in 06, etc

Sosh has his warts, but it's been a lot more of a combo of bad front office moves...in the glory years, Vlad masked mostly weak offenses. No way you can't speculate what another motor bat, especially in that Era  (what GA was supposed to be before arthritus) would have meant. We either made the playoffs or just missed it every year for 6 years or so. In that time we traded for 2 months of text to back vlad....anyone else? Not talking nice pieces added along the way, I'm talking about making moves to counter what the competition was doing.

Trout is masking how bad this team really is too. If Trout ever sustained a serious injury that keep him out for a long term or career ending this organization would be screwed for years.

2 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

But his weaknesses are the same they've always been. Not as open to deploying prospects as he should be. The worst bullpen manager maybe ever. In game tactics are questionable. His personnel choices are at times, laughable.

Funny thing his, Scioscia has been REALLY good at making optimal choices from his bullpen (See: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-playoffs-bullpen-managers-mike-matheny-joe-girardi/). The problem is: he just hasn't had very good options. 

10 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Trout is masking how bad this team really is too. If Trout ever sustained a serious injury that keep him out for a long term or career ending this organization would be screwed for years.

Agree completely. Curse of 27 I guess. But they're making the same mistake, letting one out of this world guy carry the load for weak links. Remember 08, when vlad got the blame against the sox, though he and text had the same series? But because vlad hadn't gone beast and got us a ring, he always got the blame. (Never mind he was pitched around every October, because the lineup as a whole was weak)

As much as I agree with the others on here who say pitching is what's killing us, I think we can't ignore the mirage of our offense. If trout misses time were done. At some point were gonna have to get him some help (along with the pitching)

6 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Funny thing his, Scioscia has been REALLY good at making optimal choices from his bullpen (See: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-playoffs-bullpen-managers-mike-matheny-joe-girardi/). The problem is: he just hasn't had very good options. 

Yeah, have to disagree with you on that one scotty. I think the pen was one of sosh's few strengths (not lineups). It's just been years since we had one.

In terms of bedrosian this year, sure, he could replace street....who replaces him? Lock down closers is great and all, but if we blow the hold what good is it?

11 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

More facts...   Oh the humanity..   Pretty much every advance study done on bullpen usage points to MS being well above average -- it's just that Angels fans are smarter than he is -- ask them...

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

While playing the same exact style of baseball you claim is obsolete.   Bipolar arguments are pretty fun, aren't they?

Hey it's just another losing season. People will be pumped up during the winter meetings and something something about the smell of freshly cut grass in the spring only to get buttercupped by the same spin. This team needs change at all levels. A new manager that will be here to help with the rebuilding. I can see what's coming, two more years of fail and only then will they allow a new leader with a new voice. Then we can wait for that transition to take place. Should be fun.

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

Hey it's just another losing season. People will be pumped up during the winter meetings and something something about the smell of freshly cut grass in the spring only to get buttercupped by the same spin. This team needs change at all levels. A new manager that will be here to help with the rebuilding. I can see what's coming, two more years of fail and only then will they allow a new leader with a new voice. Then we can wait for that transition to take place. Should be fun.

Dude, you really seem to be reveling in the bad..  Whatever floats your boat..   But reality and sensible debate with you jumped the shark a long time ago.

I still wuv you though, Pooh Bear!!!