• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#SlipAJohnsonIntoTheWhiteHouse

The trick is...watch in 5 minute increments...it's a general rule that at for the first 5 minutes Libertarians make complete and total sense...and at the 5 minute mark you realize they are living on fantasy island and are spouting ideas that have no practical application in the real world

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

The trick is...watch in 5 minute increments...it's a general rule that at for the first 5 minutes Libertarians make complete and total sense...and at the 5 minute mark you realize they are living on fantasy island and are spouting ideas that have no practical application in the real world

That seems to be your opinion of pretty much everyone that doesn't share your exact political beliefs.

7 hours ago, red321 said:

Bernie-Sanders-Stupid.jpg

Sounds familiar

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know much about johnson's stance yet but im tempted to vote for him and wild based purely on what little ive heard from them (they sound like reasonable blokes) and how much the other two suck.

hillary is just one of the slimiest, worst people ever. and trump is just such a schmuck. 

johnson guy seems decent.

i still say let the canadian dude run both countries for 4 years and we'll try again in 2020.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Libertarian Gary Johnson: 'We should embrace immigration'

Hmm, CNN covering him.  Maybe he has a shot? 

The main problem with Gary Johnson as the libertarian candidate is that he really isn't a libertarian. He's basically a mediocre Republican that's in favor of pot legalization.

2 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

The main problem with Gary Johnson as the libertarian candidate is that he really isn't a libertarian. He's basically a mediocre Republican that's in favor of pot legalization.

Man, I'd be pushing that as much as I could if I was him.  Because the other Republican candidate is just well, a nut.  Half the battle is getting to the dance.  Now he's in the dance, might as well take off all the gloves. 

He could really win this if he played a bit dirty.  Try and get the Republican vote that hates Trump, but equally hates Dems and would rather vote for a pseudo Republican.  Try and get the Democratic vote that hates Hillary, but won't vote Republican but may vote for a Libertarian.  Steal those votes from Trump. 

And if Trump really is looking for an exit strategy, which depending on the day, he changes.  But if he says vote for the big Johnson, that could be enough to win it.  It would be a Libertarian in office.  And it would be a message to the Republican party to get their crap in order.  But you would still have the republican ideals there. 

3 hours ago, IEAngelfan said:

Johnson is getting some press.....maybe not the press he wanted, but press none the less.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-09-02/gary-johnson-s-unfair-expensive-national-sales-tax

I think the 28% which equates to 35% tax is a bit high.  Actually way too high. 

I also think the writer is wrong in their comparisons.  Any services is a question on if a use tax would work, or if only the items bought for the use would be taxed.  For instance, would you be taxed on the labor at the mechanic, or just the parts that you bought to fix your car. 

In addition to needing that clarification, the current tax codes, I believe that sales tax is not paid on items used to make your final good.  Only on the final product.  So, say in a shirt, you aren't charged tax on the cotton.  Only if you sell for retail the cotton.  But if you sell the cotton to a shirt manufacturer, you pay no sales tax, until the shirt is sold.  From what I am reading with Johnson's plan, the use tax would be for each step. 

Again, if this is the case, then the tax is too high.  Because you would be paying taxes for each step.  This would also kill manufacturing in the US, since you would tax at each step, where if you import an item, you would only tax whatever import levy there is and once for tax. 

But, with some fine tuning.  Which would have to happen to pass the senate and congress.  I think it could be done.