• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman on Pujols signing

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Kevin give it a rest, he's playing well right now.  Appreciate it or ignore posts stating facts.  

Give it a rest someone posted back at me. Someone comes at me I'm not gonna back down from that. I'm glad he's hitting well but doesn't matter cause the Angels did what against the Sox 1 win 2 losses? I get it he's hitting well and you have to find small victories where you can find them. Good for him and good for the Angels for getting some offense coming along. Hopefully they keep it up. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Give it a rest someone posted back at me. Someone comes at me I'm not gonna back down from that. I'm glad he's hitting well but doesn't matter cause the Angels did what against the Sox 1 win 2 losses? I get it he's hitting well and you have to find small victories where you can find them. Good for him and good for the Angels for getting some offense coming along. Hopefully they keep it up. 

They were 1-2 for reasons other than Albert.

9 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Oh so he's on a hot streak and it's up to 250 congrats. Let's see what his numbers are at the end of the year. But still batting 250 being paid 25 mil on a last place team isn't what the Angels signed up for but your right I'm the bad guy for saying it

If only people waited until the end of the season to voice their criticism eh? I'm kidding BTW, that's not realistic but I do think it's funny that any talk about his resurgence needs to be tempered until we see the final tally.

Arte likes guarantees as is evident by his stance on the Hamilton situation and anger when it blew up in his face.  Perhaps he should have asked for a contract provision that demanded Pujols stayed healthy and decline free -- then maybe he would be getting what he "signed up for".

Arte screwed the pooch, he is in fact getting what he signed up for when it took on the risk of signing a post 30 year old to a 10 year deal.  He just didn't expect it to be this bad..

On July 1, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Chuckster70 said:

This article is good but this time next year both of those guys be making more than Albert combined. 

I typically love the "angels" or "Arte" is stupid heel role, however what's the sour grapes from the beat writer because morales had a good series against the cards?

it is what it is, and chances are if we went back and looked at his writer's stories from when Albert left, or even before it, he was a big swallower of the Mang juice. 

Its silly to talk about what ifs.  You think fans on Yankeeswin.com will be sulking about Cashman overpaying for a declining Trout 10 years from now?

11 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Where did you come from?  Why can't you just be happy Albert is hitting?  He's the least of our problems right now. 

1 hour ago, SoToSpeaks said:

This article is good but this time next year both of those guys be making more than Albert combined. 

I typically love the "angels" or "Arte" is stupid heel role, however what's the sour grapes from the beat writer because morales had a good series against the cards?

it is what it is, and chances are if we went back and looked at his writer's stories from when Albert left, or even before it, he was a big swallower of the Mang juice. 

Its silly to talk about what ifs.  You think fans on Yankeeswin.com will be sulking about Cashman overpaying for a declining Trout 10 years from now?

I am willing to bet Trout would not be declining as bad at work?  Age 35?

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

I am willing to bet Trout would not be declining as bad at work?  Age 35?

I hope not. Ted Williams had an incredible age 38 season. He only hit .388.

But many great sucked at the end of their HOF careers.  Ruth, Mays, Mantle, Mathis.  

Jimmie Foxx was a slugger's slugger.   His drop off was incredible at the age of 34.  

Never want to see it, but it could happen to Trout also. 

1 minute ago, SoToSpeaks said:

I hope not. Ted Williams had an incredibly age 38 season. He only hit .388.

But many great suck at the end of their HOF careers.  Ruth, Mays, Mantle, Mathis.  

Jimmie Foxx was a slugger's slugger.   His drop off was incredible at the age of 34.  

Never want to see it, but it could happen to Trout also. 

I agree although with Mathis, his career sucked at the beginning and middle as well.

Either people are completely hating on him or their pushing the idea Pujols has been hitting really good nearly all year long.

The impressions from this thread:

1 half thinks Pujols is hitting .100/.100/.100

1 half thinks Pujols is hitting .400/.600/.900

He hasn't sucked that bad but some make it seem like he's been hitting so well that his overall numbers should be at .280/.380/480 by now.

No where in the middle. Its either complete exaggeration of him doing well or doing bad. No matter how much his numbers are spinned, he's still getting massively overpaid.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep he should have gone 6 for 5 with 9 home runs and 7 RBI, that way you and Claude would still hate him.  

I'm just making fun of the sample size. Look at his season stats that's it don't tell me for 3 weeks he's doing better cause it means nothing to me. Just like today hitting 1-5 means nothing. Baseball is a marathon not a sprint what your numbers for the year are what you should be judged on 

On 7/2/2016 at 11:05 PM, tdawg87 said:

After all the shit we've given him it will probably turn out that his decline was set on by him donating his blood to dying children and giving part of his foot to save a puppy's life.

I think there's a better chance that he missed second breakfast and had to eat some of his foot to stave off hypoglycemia.