• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On a positive note, if you can get to the playoffs, it doesn't matter that you suck at 3 on 3. 

But, it does bother me that we lack the skills that make one team better at 3 on 3 than others. We're starting to look like Vancouver of past years - good enough to always do well, but not the natural talent to ramp it up in the playoffs. Too many years without a top 3 (or even 5) draft pick.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

I'm so fed up with Getzlaf. That jackass is a waste of talent right now.

At times he looks super focused and wants to win.  You know, like a superstar.  But most of the time, he looks like he's coasting.  Perry is the same way. 

You watch the Blackhawks, and their stars look like they want to win another cup.  Every game, they are playing to win.  Every shift, they seem dangerous. 

The only Duck, IMO, at that level is Kesler and his line.  He is going to the dirty places to make plays.  And if he isn't making a play, he is trying to get under the skin of the opponent. 

Perry and Getzlaf used to be like that.  And if the Ducks are going to win the cup, they really need to become that again.

That's been my biggest issue with Perry and Getzlaf. They never seem to have that hunger that the superstars of the game do. They just go through the motions it feels like. With the game on the line you don't want these two out there. At least, I don't trust them in getting the job done.

52 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Don't worry. Their 'window' will be over soon enough and we can move on to something else.

careful what you wish for.   

I get frustration with them, we need more. That said, those two will not easily be replaced.  Getzlaf in particular.  I think that for now, breaking up the twins is the right thing to do.  They are far too familiar with each other and I think its to their detriment.  The good news is that we aren't completely dependent on them for scoring anymore.  I like Getzlaf with Ritchie a lot. 

I just hope we continue to see this little trend of improved defensive play.  Haven't seen much of the point blank slot shots against us in the last 3 games.  Hopefully that continues. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Rakell skating with Cramarossa and the great Logan Shaw is why I have serious doubts about Randy Carlyle leading this group to greater post season success......Jesus Christ, what the fuck man.  In what universe does this make sense ?  I didn't know Rickard Rakell, the teams leading goal scorer magically became a 4th line forechecker.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The broadcast mentioned it as well, but is it just me or does it seem like Perry is off sides all the time ?

Yeah, he does seem to like to try and get the jump at the line.  If any goal gets disallowed due to offsides, Perry will have been involved with it.