• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Fowler.  At this point, you have to think about an extension.  I'd go as far as say leave Vatannen exposed for the draft.

I'd trade Vatanen instead. Vatanen for Tatar anyone ?

Yes on extending Fowler, kinda funny it took trade rumors to get him to reach his potential.

Fowler is going to end up with around 18 goals.

11 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I'd trade Vatanen instead. Vatanen for Tatar anyone ?

Yes on extending Fowler, kinda funny it took trade rumors to get him to reach his potential.

Fowler is going to end up with around 18 goals.

The funny thing is, and so much different than before the season started.  Where would he play?  You don't and can't break up the #1 line, and by #1 I mean the Kessler line.  I don't think you can break up the kid line.  And do you really bump Rakell from the Getzlaf line? 

So really you only have room for him on the #4 line.  And even they have been getting more minutes lately.

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah.  Penalty killers.  It's not a good idea to go after the puck in the neutral zone, then leave it as a 3 on 2 rush.

How the fuck do we forget defense so quickly?  I just can't understand how we won the Jennings Trophy last year.  And this year we are currently ranked #18 in goals against

It's remarkable isn't it.  Last year Bieksa got around to being decent.  Not so much this year.  Also, I'll say it again.  Lindholm has been awful. Completely ineffective.  He gets bodied out all the fucking time and he turns the puck over.  Also, Manson has not been great tho the drop for him isn't nearly what it's been for Lindholm.  To me all three are the difference.  We need to move one of the puck movers for a reliable sit at home guy.  We just don't have that.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

It's remarkable isn't it.  Last year Bieksa got around to being decent.  Not so much this year.  Also, I'll say it again.  Lindholm has been awful. Completely ineffective.  We need to move one of the puck movers for a reliable sit at home guy.  We just don't have that.

It's sad.  But we have that person.  He's on the IR in Stoner.  Yeah, I said Stoner.  But from last year, I thought he was one of the more consistent and reliable defensemen on the team.  He won't be caught up ice out of position.  And he just plays a grinding game that we seem to be lacking. 

Good point on Stoner.  He also got around to not being completely awful.  Probably a difference maker when you consider that the difference is Theodore or the great Korbinian Holzer. 

I like Theordore and all but he doesn't have the frame to fill that role.  Not yet anyway.  He gets bitched around possibly more then Lindholm and Vatanen.  Lindholm as you can tell is the one that pisses me off the most tho. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Good point on Stoner.  He also got around to not being completely awful.  Probably a difference maker when you consider that the difference is Theodore or the great Korbinian Holzer. 

I like Theordore and all but he doesn't have the frame to fill tha role.  Not yet anyway. 

I think Theodore is more like a Vatanen/Fowler type player.  Which is why I think Vatanen may be vegas bound.  Fowler can at least quarterback it out of the zone.  I think theodore can also.  Vatanen is more of an offensive defenseman.  But passing out of the zone isn't one of his strengths. 

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think Theodore is more like a Vatanen/Fowler type player.  Which is why I think Vatanen may be vegas bound.  Fowler can at least quarterback it out of the zone.  I think theodore can also.  Vatanen is more of an offensive defenseman.  But passing out of the zone isn't one of his strengths. 

Theodore is definitely more in the mold of Fowler, I think as he matures on account of being a bigger dude will be able to do some things defensively that Fowler cannot.  Conversely, Fowler is a better skater and that has its benefits in transition.  That's true of about anyone on the team tho.  He's one of the best skaters in the league.  Vatanen is like Sandis Ozolinsh reborn to me.  Just like you said purely an offensive guy skating from the blue line.   You take the good with the bad with that.  Unfortunately every team in the league knows the Ducks can't protect all their guys so it hampers the trade market for us.  Bottom line, Lindholm has to be much much better.  He's the most important single piece because of the contract and the skill set.  He got paid, time to do the fucking job.